MPC Shuttle Tydirium

adphill

I've been lurking here since getting back into modeling last year, so I thought I'd finally post something.

I just finished this MPC Shuttle Tydirium kit. I added some detailing with styrene sheets and rods, and moved the cockpit attachment point down slightly (unmodified, kit has the neck flush with the top of the fuselage, which seemed wrong to me). Decals are unused scraps from a couple of Fine Molds kits (mostly the Snowspeeder and the 1/48 Tie Fighter). Constructive criticism appreciated!

IMG_4138.JPGIMG_4139.JPGIMG_4140.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4142.JPGIMG_4143.JPGIMG_4144.JPGIMG_4146.JPG

Very nice. That's definitely a kit that will give you the workaround if you want it to look good, which you have.

SB

Looks wicked! I would have maybe done something to the engines, but that may have made it too toy-like I suppose. Nice display piece, good stuff.

Looks nice. Its a bit of a tricky kit to work with. I see you didn't paint the half round vent black under the main fin.

Thanks! I went back and forth on this, but ultimately I just don't really like the vent in black. So I guess this particular Lambda has just been recently cleaned or something.

Looks wicked! I would have maybe done something to the engines, but that may have made it too toy-like I suppose. Nice display piece, good stuff.

I almost painted them blue, but decided (as you suggest) that it would look too toy-like. I would love other suggestions - perhaps a darker grill material in the oval slots would improve it?

Thanks! I went back and forth on this, but ultimately I just don't really like the vent in black. So I guess this particular Lambda has just been recently cleaned or something.

I almost painted them blue, but decided (as you suggest) that it would look too toy-like. I would love other suggestions - perhaps a darker grill material in the oval slots would improve it?
That makes since then..haha.
As for the engines, maybe too late, but you could cut them out and add some grill type part. But I think painting them darker gray would look better. Maybe even find a grill that could go over top that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back