Uncharted 2 - Phurba Dagger

avagoyamug

Hey folks,

While I'm still working on my Melted Vader Helmet project, I started scultping my favorite prop from my all time favorite video game series - Uncharted!

There are some really good replicas out there, but where off in some details, so I decided to give it a shot myself.

The benchmark would be RPF member kcpstudio, who did the official limited edition dagger for Sony.
I can only guess he might have had access to better reference, since his sculpt was insanely accurate to the original (displayed in the game). Big shout out to him, his work is just incredible!

I started browsing through the game's cutscenes to collect screenshots, but there are really few good ones, and it came down to these three screenshots:

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

There is also some original concept art, that tells us a bit more about the detail that's hard to see in these screenshots but is proportionally a bit off.

So I sculpted away from there and now have my digital model ready for printing. Let me know what you think and if you would change/improve anything!
This is what I got right now:

3.jpg
4.jpg

Watching with interest!! As an actor, Nathan Drake in a live action Uncharted film would be a DREAM role for me. The video games are amongst my favorite of all time!

-Ash

Thanks guys!

Finished printing, yesterday evening... Raw prints already look really good, I printed on highest quality this time (took close to 50 hours for the 3 parts).

Now starting to clean up some areas and fix some others with greenstuff.

8x2ZXkMvBHCifo2rkbPJBMFZNBLMExSd5rY0U3fNqic.jpgg1ipCzlPwkf5SOB35hJ0Kk_P3VW68RUZ-2ybQrP0qbs,tXcA4hBvpAYswCN78tXHOny7auFh7_OjTO9Fjkj7j-c.jpgZVTD_H-K_cVTKXbkjdvb0MRa6wjn-zgPsLK5hNsdaOQ.jpg
w3CdeUHU0enYrGWHQbMtjW_weUlCtTCJTh9Palcc_ys,MYtZc15z54OBRlIp8umAHEYJtkZhVYC_XPaqBgdxPl4.jpg

Hey... thanks for the shout out. Looking great bro!

Thanks Kenney, means a lot coming from you!

Still filling and sanding, the handle and top are babysmooth know, but there's still some really fine printlines on the blade (hard to see in the pic)...
Might have to sand it down smooth and redo the hammered metal detail by hand...
One more pass and it'll be ready for casting.

For the cintamani crystals on the heads, I plan casting these seperate in turquoise clear resin.

ITgrZ5A3v9krpVFHPvRpnIDafNP_vRxL8QVtz5p5lNE,rWH3QX28ZnV5XR5ciY7HCGmnXNmnfYaFdc25P63KFkE.jpg

Wow, looks awesome. I just finished playing through the remastered collection (never played them before), I'm keen to get the fourth game now.

I had to look up 'green stuff' sounds like a cool product.

What printer are you using? The finish looks really nice.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!

I'm printing on a Ultimaker original at 0.04 mm layer height. The finish is nice, but the amount of work you have to put in to give it a propper finish is often underestimated...
I really have to upgrade to a SLA printer soon!

Green Stuff is great! It's better known in the wargaming/miniature hobby scene, where I know it from.
Get Uncharted 4, it's better than you could imagine! It's darn close to perfect!

And yes, I plan to do a small project run after I finished mine, until my mold wear out.

So, guess what this is - and no, I'm not getting into drugs...

It's really hard to get FDA 3d prints to a mirror finish, but if you only need it for mold making, a cheap and easy way is actually using nail polish!
I made the mold from this and will try casting with turquoise resin tomorrow...

IMG_20171023_152925.jpgIMG_20171024_181042.jpg

These are looking really promising! They're not fully cured yet though, I hope the resin only takes a bit longer due to the color addition.
IMG_20171027_121901.jpg

Meanwhile I finished a nice stand, inspired by what p0rtalman did for his dagger...

IMG_20171027_124005.jpg

Ok, I'm going to call this done! Had a quick shoot today, to spoil you with proper photos, for once.

42.JPG41.JPG40.JPG39.JPG

I hope you enjoyed this! I'm going to open up a Run thread in the Junkjard in a sec, if anyone's interested!

Small update, I tried using Rub'n'Buff on one of my casts, and it came out waaaay more convincing than my acrylic metal paint...
Gonna shoot updated beauty shots on the weekend, when I'm actually able to catch some daylight!

u79uuPZQDJtgUd7Nzo8RnGtIc1sNPlNP6Ac3C1C9s3E.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back