Scratch built Star Trek Discovery Phaser

Absolutely amazing! Seeing projects like this make me realize I am still working with stone knives and bear skins. Beautiful job!

Hello All,
When I first saw the new phaser I was intrigued, then when I saw the pictures from the comic con display I knew I had to have one! Thankfully after comic con there were great photos of the phaser, so I gathered all I could find. This phaser Is a complete scratch build, using .060, .040, .030 and .020 styrene sheets, 3-5 sizes of Evergreen tubing and 2 boxes of Tamiya 2 part epoxy putty. I broke the phaser up into 5 smaller projects to make building easier. The handle was the most complex part of the whole build requiring the most time and parts to put together. This week the phaser is getting a coat of Tamiya grey primer and a top color coat of Tamiya TS-94 metallic gray. I will post more pictures when the painting is done.View attachment 766223View attachment 766224View attachment 766225
Holy crap that is awesome

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How did you determine the size, none of the pictures online have a ruler for scale?

I found a picture of Jason Isaacs hold a Phaser and scaled it from there. I have no idea if I got it right, it looks right in my hand. I won’t know until the reviews of the Anovos phasers come out if I’m close or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats amazing work! I also build phasers from similar materials.

Thank you, I would like to see pics of your work.

A fantastic job.

What paint did you choose for your version?

I was going to use Rustoleum gun metal but I think it has too much metallic ‘grain’ in it.

A fantastic job.

What paint did you choose for your version?

I was going to use Rustoleum gun metal but I think it has too much metallic ‘grain’ in it.
Hi Markstammers,
I used TAMIYA’s TS-94 Metallic Grey spray paint. If I was to repaint it I would use Metallic Black.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back