Blade Runner 2049 Joi Raincoat

ThadExMachina

Anybody got a line on Joi's yellow raincoat? My s/o and I have been talking about K & Joi cosplay, but all the transparent raincoats we've found thus far are the wrong yellow, wrong transparency, and/or wrong cut. Have y'all had any luck in this area?

Blade Runner 2049 joi costume.jpgBlade Runner 2049 joi skirt.jpgBladeRunner 2049 joi costume (1).jpgBladeRunner 2049 joi costume (2).jpgBladeRunner 2049 joi costume.jpgjoi Blade Runner 2049 costume (1).jpgjoi Blade Runner 2049 costume.jpgjoi Blade Runner 2049 movie costume (1).jpgjoi Blade Runner 2049 movie costume.jpg

Bump on this, also looking for any leads or info on where or how to get my hands on a replica or something comparable. Thanks for posting these reference shots, ThadExMachina!

I'm planning to make this next year out of clear yellow PVC, having worked with PVC in the past. If I can get it to look right I'd be down to make a few on a commission basis if no one else does.
Also in general if anyone has any more references of this outfit for the thread I'd love for this to be a general thread for this Joi outfit, would be pretty helpful. It got such limited screentime. :unsure

I'm planning to make this next year out of clear yellow PVC, having worked with PVC in the past. If I can get it to look right I'd be down to make a few on a commission basis if no one else does.
Also in general if anyone has any more references of this outfit for the thread I'd love for this to be a general thread for this Joi outfit, would be pretty helpful. It got such limited screentime. :unsure

i'll definitely be following your progress whenever you get started. i've read that the dvd / blu-ray release is set for January, hopefully it'll include some special features / behind-the-scenes stuff regarding the costumes.

i'll definitely be following your progress whenever you get started. i've read that the dvd / blu-ray release is set for January, hopefully it'll include some special features / behind-the-scenes stuff regarding the costumes.

If anyone else gets the blu ray I'd appreciate the sharing for sure, not sure if it's in my normal budgeting while affording dumb things like cosplay haha. I wonder where we can find more concept art stuff like I'd love an art of the movie type book to be released for this. Even more exposition on the cgi would be worth a buy though.

Yes - I'm doing Officer K and my wife was planning on doing Joi but that jacket is a pain in the ass to find. Even plastic/PVC stores I've found that sell these plastic/transparent rain jackets do them in every colour under the sun... besides yellow.

She had considered buying a clear one and dyeing it but I'm not sure that would stick. Guess it depends on the material etc.

Can Indy Magnoli make one?

I guess that would depend on whether or not his providers have the right material available, and if there's enough interest. I'd "mention" him to get his attention but I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE MENTION FUNCTION TO WORK FOR THE LIFE OF ME :lol

Thanks for putting up the Mag-Signal. ;) Yes, we could certainly replicate this coat. I don't think finding the right material would be too difficult, actually. Shoot us an e-mail or PM if you're interested.

I've received several replies about this, so I'm actually thinking of offering this in our White Label line (which is a bit less expensive than our usual offerings). I'll do some leg work and post info here and in a new thread...

Kind regards,
Indy

I've found plenty of good photos of the original coat... just can't find one showing the middle and lower part of the back panel. I found one showing the back does have a horizontal shoulder yoke, but need to know if the lower panel is one piece or if it has a vertical seam and/or lower vent.

I've found plenty of good photos of the original coat... just can't find one showing the middle and lower part of the back panel. I found one showing the back does have a horizontal shoulder yoke, but need to know if the lower panel is one piece or if it has a vertical seam and/or lower vent.

I honestly don't know if this information is accurate, as it comes from the pop, but it seems like the pop doesn't have a back seam or a vent.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back