Zvezda 1/2700 Imperial Star Destroyer – WIP

concentrated on the mini YT-1300 last night, the illumination of the belly didn't quite go like I'd hoped. I ended up with a 1mm FO underneath, which makes it appear that the upper gun turret is lit, but it's not enough. Think I need a cluster of FO around the 1mm in the center... .25 or .50, to get the effect I want. not much I could do with a Falcon that's .50 in long and .38 in wide as far as paint and detail. However I want it to be noticeable...I'm wide open for suggestions.View attachment 772263View attachment 772264View attachment 772265View attachment 772266 also thinking on adding some of these other light points shown here...ok, am I getting carried away with this?

I wouldn't light the Falcon at all. In your screen grab it is dark and powered down to avoid detection.
I'd have it more as an Easter egg for the more observant viewers of the finished build to find.

I'm beginning to feel like the lone ranger here. none of you other guys have any pics or input? what's going on? I wanna see what you guys are doing too! I'm starting to feel like I've hijacked this thread and is not my intent at all. it's not all about my build, I'd much rather see what you guys are doing than posting pics and info about what I'm doing. so I'm not posting anything else until you guys do.

I'll answer this...while I do appreciate your input and ah, enthusiasm, I do feel that my thread has been a bit sidetracked. Not to be blunt or forward, but have you considered starting your own build thread?

Very well, I was under the impression that the threads were for sharing info, particularly if two or more were building the same kit. In other threads I have participated in and not of my initiation, building the same kit as another member, we have been able to make useful contributions to one another which was a great help to all. I will observe from now on and nothing more. if I feel I need to share anything, pics, comments, suggestions, I'll start my own thread. I apologize for the intrusion
I'll answer this...while I do appreciate your input and ah, enthusiasm, I do feel that my thread has been a bit sidetracked. Not to be blunt or forward, but have you considered starting your own build thread?

ok Guns, all the photos have been removed as well. I guess I don't understand what you were upset about, and I don't particularly appreciate the condescension " ah, enthusiasm" part. I wasn't trying to take over you thread, upstage or steal your thunder. I thought this was a place to contribute and learn from others in a friendly exchange. But rest assured, I will not post anything to any thread of yours again. Perhaps you feel I'm still unfamiliar with the decorum of posting to others threads and what is going to offend them, and for that I am sorry. I'm quite certain you're a seasoned builder and have no need of my input or ideas anyway, however I will say I found yours very useful, experienced as I think I am, and for that I thank you.
I hope you are satisfied and accepting of my apologies and my efforts to rectify the issue

Hey gt350pony66, I don't think Guns came across as being angry or anything, it's just that it does get very confusing when it's a WIP thread and there are multiple builds going on in that thread. Unless it's been started as a GB or a tag team build or something to that nature, people log in expecting to see, for the most part, one person's build with possibly the occasional pic of someone else's maybe used to demonstrate a point or something. To be completely honest, I totally lost track that this was Guns build thread because it seemed to morph into your build. It's not that your build isn't worthy of note or anything, it's just much better to follow a build of one kit and know what the builders approach is. I think his suggestion to start your own thread wasn't out of malice (maybe was but it didn't come across that way to me), but rather that YES you should share your build and allow people to learn from, share and help out with your build. This is a place for sharing. And there was a thread that had a LOT of different builders input in it. But when someone post a WIP thread, it's generally accepted that it's for THAT builder. That is unless they invite and open it up to a free for all build post. Don't get discouraged, and DO continue to post your build. Just make it easier to follow by starting a build thread.

Bill

Point taken, thanks for the explanation. Clearly I didn't understand the rules. I'll be mindful of it in the future, but I think I'll keep to myself... for a while anyway.

Finally, some progress after a long haitus. Between spending potential build time with my new girlfriend, preparing to move and trying to shake the last vestiges of this nasty flu bug, I did manage to find my greeblie hat and wore it with pride, rofl!

Enjoy!

2Bt1CSz.jpg

HGT0mqY.jpg

KL98pfv.jpg

YtFOEOG.jpg

wzWvVBy.jpg

oKJKRJq.jpg

Woah ! Some Super - super detailing going on there ! Thanks for sharing .:thumbsup

I’ve read on a couple of other threads , that apart from 3rd party pieces being a good option for replacements , various styrene sheets , pipes , tubes , rods etc ... are also recommended when adding detail . However , certain extra ‘ kits ‘ - ( ships ) for greeblies were also mentioned , at 1/700 scale (?)
I’m wondering if you’ve used certain extraneous kits for their wealth of appropriate greeblies too , and if so , would you care to share what they were ?
I’d like to start gathering some of these ‘ extra ‘ components , prior to starting my own build ... eventually .

:cheersGed

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back