Jawa SAND CRAWLER - 1/96 Randy Cooper Resin Model

Excellent job so far. Wow I did not know the sand crawler had so much piping. Doing great, looking forward to seeing your progress. I have the Randy Cooper sand crawler but have not started as of yet.

The UK weather has been cruel to the UK modeller and not allowed me too much work on the Crawler since the snow a week or so back - I got to the stage whereby I needed to prime and spray outside my workshop just as the snow flakes started to fall so this has fallen behind a bit.

I managed to get the 4 main drive bogies attached with some re-enforcing nails to use as pins to secure the upright attachment into the floor of the Crawler. The brass and copper ad-lib pipework is complete and I have hand built the control tower window frames too.

With the base coat of grey primer now finally on and ready for the various shades of brown and weathering, I am hoping to get further work done over the xmas break.

DSCF7483 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7485 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7486 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7487 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7456 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7460 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7463 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7465 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7466 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7467 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7470 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7471 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7472 by John Leah, on Flickr

DSCF7488 by John Leah, on Flickr

I really want to build of thes and a Dstroyer but I just cant justify the high cost to the UK when the kits need so much remedial work to make them fit together.

Great work, look forward to the next update.

Its all coming together very slowly but I'm nearly done now - just need to add the treads and complete the diorama base now - which is just as well because Randy Cooper texted me last night to confirm he is about to post my new Star Destroyer kit that he has spent the last year or so updating and is now finally putting into production.

OOTINIE...

DSCF7589.JPG DSCF7592.JPG DSCF7587.JPG DSCF7587.JPG DSCF7571.JPG DSCF7578.JPG DSCF7590.JPGDSCF7580.JPG DSCF7566.JPG

Awesome job! I like the sand crawler... One of those iconic vehicles that introduced me to the world of star wars.. I can still remember seeing it for the first time. I want one!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back