Emerald City Comic Con 2018

MrSouthpaw

Sr Member
The premiere Washington State convention is coming up again. March 1-4.
Tickets went on sale yesterday. 4-day passes are sold out, but they still have the daily passes.
Currently waiting for major guests to be announced.

I had a lot of fun last year at this event. My biggest convention to date. I'll be there again in 2018.

Anyone else attending?

EDIT
Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson are listed as guests.

Last edited:
Thinking about it if I can get my wifey onboard....how was the weather last year....Id be driving if I do due to my prop this year....I'm building the Ghost Rider Hellcycle with flames, leds and myself lite up moving flames as long as its finished for the Cosplay Contest...

Thinking about it if I can get my wifey onboard....how was the weather last year....Id be driving if I do due to my prop this year....I'm building the Ghost Rider Hellcycle with flames, leds and myself lite up moving flames as long as its finished for the Cosplay Contest...

Weather was cold, a little wet. Had to use an umbrella for at least one day. Needed to layer up pretty good to walk around at night.

I'll be there Thur-Fri-Sat dressed in my M.I.N.I.O.N. Death's Head 2 costume! I haven't been to ECCC in about 15 years or so, things have changed a bit in the comic movie world. My buddy will be dressed in a Star Trek Discovery uniform, find us as and say hi!

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I'd love to rock my Alien Costume but it's impossible to put on without help (well mainly the head) and limited sight means I need a look out..

I just got email confirmation, I will be part of a Writer's Block panel on Thursday:

Title: Panel to Prose: Translating Superheroes from Four-Color Staple to Literary Trope
Description: Superheroes have long been the near-exclusive purview of comics when it comes to print. With the recent massive success of movies adapted from the comics, superheroes are enjoying wider appeal than ever before. Can body-suit clad heroes make the leap from glossy graphics-laden pages to prose novels?

Date: 3/1/2018
Time: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM

Also, I, personally am extremely excited that one of my all-time favorite writers, Jim Butcher, will be there so I'll finally get to thank him for creating Harry Dresden and his awesome friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be there, probably Friday and Sunday if I can get the time off work. If you see Big Daddy, Hit-Girl and Night-Bitch say hello!

I'll be getting into town late Thursday, so that's pretty much out. But I'll be there all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday until about 3:30-400.

I have it on good authority that Mr. Plinkett will be showing up.....;)

I'll be at the con tomorrow (Thursday), starting around 11ish, and I'll be on a panel at 1:30 in the writer's block room, 603 in the convention center. :)

If anyone does TRON cosplay or reenactment stuff (I'll be doing both) add me on discord! PM me for my discord#. I'm easiest to get a hold of there.

Whoever organized the con this year really needs to answer why it's okay to exclude a race of people from events based on skin color.

I find it interesting that an industry that prides itself on diversity would exclude white males from events where people meet to pass resumes, meet with industry insiders to look for future employment opportunities.

If not for the tolerance of white Americans, none of this would be happening. We're going to be called "racists" no matter what we do, by racists. This is clearly a blatant act of racism and sexism yet, all those "diverse" and gender ambiguous "woke" people seem to have a "right" to hate people for just being white.

These people are artists who are being ostracized because of their lineage. Where have we heard this before?

**** You, Emerald City Comic Con.

I would talk to the press about this.Don't let anyone get away with racism,no matter what direction it's coming from.

So, I may have my own issues with the current operators of the show, but I have a hard time believing you would have been excluded from any part of the show based solely on your skin color. Perhaps if you explained WHICH event you were trying to attend? Because I don't see anything on their website which seems to fit what you're describing, in terms of a get together to exchange resumes and meet industry insiders... (then again, the website is far from user friendly, so I could simply be missing it).

I'm not dismissing your experience out of hand, but it could have been an overzealous minion or individual rather than something intended by the convention or the event itself.

I didn't see anyone checking race to attend but I was wearing a mask so maybe I slipped past! ;) Anyway we only made it on Thursday but had a great time. This was the first time I went to a con in costume and it was a blast. Really fun to be with a group of people that appreciate the work that goes into a costume instead of raising their eyebrow like "you do WHAT with your spare time?"
As a bonus the highlight of the day was running into Hypershadow wearing her awesome Marty McFly costume. So cool to finally meet another RPFer in person! We didn't get to take many pictures, however a whole lot of people stopped us to take them. Hopefully next year we'll be able to do a few days, I'm thinking about costumes that are maybe a little more comfortable for extended wear. :cool:thumbsup
zIMG_0240cr.jpgzIMG_0221cr.jpgzIMG_0233cr.jpgzIMG_0232cr.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back