Disney Park's FX Lightsabers with removable blades.

You cannot call and have them mail you one?

I have actually ordered things from Disney parks in the past simply by calling them. Do they not still do that?

You cannot call and have them mail you one?

I have actually ordered things from Disney parks in the past simply by calling them. Do they not still do that?

From what I understand, no. They're not mailing them when you call. I could be wrong.

Both sabers were at D-Street in Downtown Disney when I was in Anaheim last weekend. I picked up the Rey saber when they came out a few months ago and I really love it. Terrible sound effects though (my wife's Ultra Saber really puts it to shame), but since it just sits displayed on the shelf I don't mind.

I would like to get a Rey and a Ren but they won't allow you to purchase over the phone. Any ideas how I can get these? I am in Texas now where close to the parks.

From what I understand, no. They're not mailing them when you call. I could be wrong.

yeah they have posted they will no longer be accepting order via phone. the disney shop app or being in the park is the only way. also looks like they now have a vader disney park version with removable blade available

Has anyone come across this version of the Vader saber?

Attachments

• 992B8D80-FE14-49A4-977C-704D7A98AFEE.jpeg
    992B8D80-FE14-49A4-977C-704D7A98AFEE.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 256
Wow, I wonder what other sabers are getting the Disney exclusive treatment. Hopefully they could do a Luke ROTJ or OWK ROTS/ANH with a thinner neck.

I was hoping they'd have these at Disneyland Paris, but no luck. Guess I'll have to wait until I go to Disney World next year. Hopefully they'll get them up on the parks app some time before that.

I never understood why everyone under the sun can produce a removable blade saber except MR/Hasbro.

I've speculated this in the past. It seems like when MR stopped producing items, the prop replica line went to eFx and the FX lightsaber line went to Hasbro. I further speculate that the categories in the contractual language keeps Hasbro from selling removable blades lightsabers as then the item can become a static prop and infringe on eFx's license (or at least a licensee they do not have).

If you look at the Black Series like the lightsabers and helmets, they are geared for adult collectors but they also have features (electronic sounds, interaction) built in that makes them have playability and as such, a toy, So it would seem that Hasbro has to make their items in the toy category.

Just my guess.

I've speculated this in the past. It seems like when MR stopped producing items, the prop replica line went to eFx and the FX lightsaber line went to Hasbro. I further speculate that the categories in the contractual language keeps Hasbro from selling removable blades lightsabers as then the item can become a static prop and infringe on eFx's license (or at least a licensee they do not have).

If you look at the Black Series like the lightsabers and helmets, they are geared for adult collectors but they also have features (electronic sounds, interaction) built in that makes them have playability and as such, a toy, So it would seem that Hasbro has to make their items in the toy category.

Just my guess.

I have been out of the loop for a few years, but has anyone officially produced a static hilt in recent years? I thought that ended with Master Replicas.

I expected there to be some kind of safety issue reason behind it all. Since the FX ones are marketed as toys then they do not want any issues with the blade flinging itself out and across the room. Even though any actual playing will knock out random led's all up and down the blade in the first place.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back