Disney Park's FX Lightsabers with removable blades.

do any of you think Disney would do the same for Luke's green saber? If the neck is at least the same diameter of the blade and they use their Store exclusive soundboard I would buy the very first scalped one someone posts on ebay faster then you can say "Im a Jedi like my father before me". When taking the size of Yoda's fx into account it is possible on a licensed manufacture level to fit the guts between the grips and the pommel...IMO. I always wanted a thinner luke with the right soundfont. But the custom ones are just grossly overpriced. For what they charge Id rather do a whole new costume.

I've been thinking about this too. I've got the Rey Parks Exclusive saber, and they likely wouldn't be able to use their existing blade system with a Luke saber, so there would be extra R&D involved for it.

They launched Vader's saber at the last Galactic Nights event in December. There is another GN on Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully they launch a new saber then too.

I've been thinking about this too. I've got the Rey Parks Exclusive saber, and they likely wouldn't be able to use their existing blade system with a Luke saber, so there would be extra R&D involved for it.

They launched Vader's saber at the last Galactic Nights event in December. There is another GN on Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully they launch a new saber then too.

If the Yoda FX saber is possible I know a thinner Luke IS possible...Hasbro has been to lazy to try. Now that Disney shrank the Kylo to accurate size this gives me hope Disney will try it.

If the Yoda FX saber is possible I know a thinner Luke IS possible...Hasbro has been to lazy to try. Now that Disney shrank the Kylo to accurate size this gives me hope Disney will try it.

I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying that they'd likely have to re-engineer the Disney Exclusive blade system to get a neck of acceptable thickness and have a discreet release trigger. I personally hope the next saber they announce is a thin necked Luke TLJ, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying that they'd likely have to re-engineer the Disney Exclusive blade system to get a neck of acceptable thickness and have a discreet release trigger. I personally hope the next saber they announce is a thin necked Luke TLJ, but I'm not holding my breath.

What I was saying was makeing the neck thin enough for the blade to pass through, I was not talking about movie thin. I dont think the Chinese quality could hold up to that level of thinness.

I just received my Disney Darth Vader lightsaber in the mail today.
Overall I am very pleased with it but the clash sound effect doesn't seem to work every time.
In fact I would say it only works about once every 8 clashes.
Anyone else having this problem?

I just received my Disney Darth Vader lightsaber in the mail today.
Overall I am very pleased with it but the clash sound effect doesn't seem to work every time.
In fact I would say it only works about once every 8 clashes.
Anyone else having this problem?

My buddy was saying he has to hit the actual hit for the clash effect to work. Hitting the blade doesn’t make it clash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand.
What do you mean, "hit the actual hit"?
did you mean hilt?
either way that doesn't seem to work either.
In fact I just tried it again and I noticed that the few times it does make the clash effect, the light(s) go completely out for a second then come back on.

I don't understand.
What do you mean, "hit the actual hit"?
did you mean hilt?
either way that doesn't seem to work either.
In fact I just tried it again and I noticed that the few times it does make the clash effect, the light(s) go completely out for a second then come back on.

Sorry auto spell, yeah he has to hit his actual hilt it order for it to clash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found it's not really the location but how hard you have to hit it. I've gotten clash noises from hitting the blade, but the sensor is just a pain to trigger

Woo Hoo! I found the fix!
Before calling Disney to authorize a return I thought I would check one more thing.
The batteries.
The lightsaber comes with generic "Super Heavy Duty" batteries.
I tested them and they were fully charged.
I replaced them with brand new Rayovac Alkaline batteries and my lightsaber now works as it should.
I wouldn't think batteries would make that big of a difference but all I know is my lightsaber works fine now.
So anybody having issues you might want to try swapping the batteries.

Flew down to Disneyland today.
Plenty of all three, Vader, Rey and Kylo lightsabers in the park and in the World of Disney.
Robert

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back