Disney Park's FX Lightsabers with removable blades.

Hello RPF,

I was in DISNEYLAND PARIS (EURODISNEY) yesterday.
I tried to score one of these (sadly with no luck) and noticed a few things I would like to share.

They are offering three sabers :

YODA - GREEN BLADE
DARTH VADER - RED BLADE
ANAKIN - BLUE BLADE

The range is called "STAR WARS COLLECTOR LIGHTSABER".

No Rey nor Kylo Ren.
The Yoda and Darth Vader ones were displayed but no Anakin.
They were all OOS except the Yoda (which comes with a short blade).

As for the prices.
I thought these would sell for a bit more than the ones sold in the US.
I was wrong : the price is 319€ ($390) per saber. Insane.

Better buy one from ebay.com...

which sabers are these? any pics?

I take hope from the fact that this is Disney who is more likely to say "These are selling like hot cakes, we should make more of them!" rather than Nintendo who does things like discontinue it if it's hard to keep them in stores (I'm still annoyed that I had to buy my Nintendo classic off ebay this week because they were never in any store near me then got discontinued)

Hopefully by April they will be able to keep them on the shelves.

I take hope from the fact that this is Disney who is more likely to say "These are selling like hot cakes, we should make more of them!" rather than Nintendo who does things like discontinue it if it's hard to keep them in stores (I'm still annoyed that I had to buy my Nintendo classic off ebay this week because they were never in any store near me then got discontinued)

Lol I'm going back in April as well. Wonder if they'll have anything new by then

Lol I'm going back in April as well. Wonder if they'll have anything new by then

A couple of prequel sabers would be nice, like Dooku or Windu, but I'm not going to hold my breath. At this point I'm going to be very very happy if I can get ahold of a Kylo Renn and a Vader.

A couple of prequel sabers would be nice, like Dooku or Windu, but I'm not going to hold my breath. At this point I'm going to be very very happy if I can get ahold of a Kylo Renn and a Vader.

Don't see why not. I mean, I got both of those the week of Christmas when it was ridiculous. Then again, I can't speak for how long they intend to keep selling them..

I've spoken with someone in the parks merchandise department and suggested they offer up some sabers that have yet to see mainstream distribution.
Such as Ahsokas, Ezra's, Asajj Ventress, before offering the same sabers that have already been available time and time again.
But I'm sure Kenobis saber will next.zzzz
Im headed back down Thursday.
Robert

which sabers are these? any pics?
Sadly I only have one really bad picture of the displayed Vader saber.
It was out of stock just like the "Anakin" one (none displayed for this last one).

After reviewing the picture of the Vader saber I noticed that the hilt don't have any screws on the t-tracks.
In fact this saber matches the one from Hasbro (Black Series).
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Black-Darth-Lightsaber/dp/B00SD8IHU6
Same for the Yoda saber I saw, it matches the Hasbro one.

So none of the "Park's exclusive" (Rey/Kylo/Vader) seems to be available in EURODISNEY sadly.

Man... There's so much star wars stuff disney has sold at the parks over the years that would still sell well but they discontinue it no matter what. Limited release is part of their strategy. I went Disneyland the day star tours reopened in 2011 and there was a ton of limited "opening day" merch. I've learned my lesson. From now on I'm buying anything cool I see there if I have the chance.

Man... There's so much star wars stuff disney has sold at the parks over the years that would still sell well but they discontinue it no matter what. Limited release is part of their strategy. I went Disneyland the day star tours reopened in 2011 and there was a ton of limited "opening day" merch. I've learned my lesson. From now on I'm buying anything cool I see there if I have the chance.

Sweet, you likely saw us. I was within poking distance of Lucas

I didn't even know he was there. I got there when the park opened and there were already thousands of people in line. I was not happy.

Oh! Well if you were there that Friday, we participated in a big event for it's reopening. He showed up, said some things and walked toward star tours from the now former mickey wizard hat stage with a few other celebrities. I was with the 501st, and we all had to come running out from the American Idol theater.

However, if you were there the next day, saturday, well, that is known to us as the "death march"

Oh! Well if you were there that Friday, we participated in a big event for it's reopening. He showed up, said some things and walked toward star tours from the now former mickey wizard hat stage with a few other celebrities. I was with the 501st, and we all had to come running out from the American Idol theater.

However, if you were there the next day, saturday, well, that is known to us as the "death march"

I was there Friday. I got there before the park opened and waited for them to let everyone in, but then found that they had let thousands of people in early and the lines were backed up to main Street, so I couldn't see any of the festivities. It was really frustrating to have gotten up and driven 2 hours to get there for the opening just to find they let a zillion people in early for some reason.

I was there Friday. I got there before the park opened and waited for them to let everyone in, but then found that they had let thousands of people in early and the lines were backed up to main Street, so I couldn't see any of the festivities. It was really frustrating to have gotten up and driven 2 hours to get there for the opening just to find they let a zillion people in early for some reason.

Those are magic hours. They are perks for Disney Resort guests. Depending on what day of the week it is, resort guests have the option of going early or staying later at the scheduled park. If you want to know if a park is going to have magic hours on the day you are going, check their website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/

So I recently bought the Rey saber when I was at Disneyland and just opened it today and noticed the outer emitter pieces (the silver one that matches the metal) was missing. The box was sealed and all other accessories were there in the bottom of the styrofoam. Chaps my behind I didn't open it there and check. I guess now I have to write to Hasbro and try and get a replacement. Pic below of the piece, what a bummer......................

piece.jpg

Last edited:
So I recently bought the Rey saber when I was at Disneyland and just opened it today and noticed the outer emitter pieces (the silver one that matches the metal) was missing. The box was sealed and all other accessories were there in the bottom of the styrofoam. Chaps my behind I didn't open it there and check. I guess now I have to write to Hasbro and try and get a replacement. Pic below of the piece, what a bummer......................

View attachment 792287

I would contact Disney, Hasbro doesn't make these.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back