What will you wear to see the Last Jedi?

Ep3 time it starts no masks, armor or weapons... then it went to no capes because they can be used to hide weapons... to no cosplay at all

Fun fact, my friends and I were turned away at a “hitch hikers guide to the galaxy” mid night premier because we were all wearing bathrobes..

Thankfully we had our cloths underneath but security refused to let us in until we removed them because it could be used to hide weapons or even food....

Not sure what's worse, overly restrictive rules OR very few rules but with such little interest in costuming that no one does it...

Dude, I'm so pumped to wear my costume to the premiere. I thought about going in ROTJ Boba gear or maybe TFA Kylo, but I ultimately ended up falling on a little home-made costume. I didn't make all the parts so I can't really say I built it from scratch, but I bought the pieces individually, assembled, and weathered it myself.

Here me out:

Levi's 511 jeans because Luke wears Levi's in ANH
A grey hoodie just incase Luke turns out to be a grey force user
A polo with the Imperial insignia on it because bad guys are cool too
White ankle socks because BB-8 has white on him
Suede shoes because they are uh kind of sand colored like Jakku... yeah, like Jakku... where Rey is from
And no underwear because underwear doesn't exist in space. Right, George?

I am dying!!!! :lol

I shall be wearing a Princess Leia T -shirt and my lightsaber slung on my belt. Gonna try and sneak in with it this time minus the blade. Last time me and the mrs rocked up to TFA Sabers in hand only to be told 'no Lightsabers'. I said ' you will let us pass' with a casual wave of the hand but 'mind tricks don't work on me boy' came the reply! ;)
I did go toe to toe with Kylo Ren outside the theatre though.

halliwax. That's sucks. There's a laundry list of stuff here in Northern California that we can't bring to certain theatres. I figured out I'm ok if I wear just a belt and my Graflex and nothing else. Might be cold though.

Last edited by a moderator:
underoos-esb-darthvader-thermal.jpg

Y'know. Since I'm going to a 9pm showing and all.

Sorry to hear that where you are at they do not appreciate the passion of dressing up as a favorite character ! I will be going in my ESB Boba Fett suit !!
Just a Yoda mask.
But seriously,cosplay in theatres is frowned upon here in Europe if not ridiculed.People don't seem to understand the passion one could have for a concept,or least to respect that person's affinity for that concept.Just for that reason,I won't go to a movie dressed up as my favorite character.I envy places and countries where it is considered normal if not encouraged to show your enthusiasm and creativity.

Yes sir.I envy countries where cosplay originated from such as Japan and the US,where it is more integrated into culture and daily life,even appreciated up to the point where people ask you if they can take a picture with you,as opposed to my country where people laugh at you when you suit up for a movie release.

Im sorta old school and when people laugh or tell me that I shouldn't do something....well thats encouragement for me to keep on keepin on in my book! Its my opinion that when people are laughing or making fun of someone or something that they deep down envoy what they are making fun of! MTFBWY and suit up good Sir !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back