What will you wear to see the Last Jedi?

Hopefully will be going as EP VIII Kylo if I can pull it all together by then. But then again I could also go as a snowtrooper, sandtrooper, scout trooper, boba Fett, tusken raider, or any other suit I have done right now.. but then again I'm very indecisive for the few weeks leading up to an event. I'll probably plan 3 different costumes and then wear none of them because I didn't get the new one done in time [emoji13]

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I wore my lightsaber belt and GRAFLEX to The Force Awakens. I chose not to wear my belt after that first time I went to see TFA though. Surprisingly, it wasn't so much the lightsaber clip that was the issue, but rather that big square buckle that was digging into me and making me uncomfortable.

Having learned my lesson with the belt buckle, and since I never saw anyone else dressed up at all during any of the TFA shows I went to, I simply brought my Roman's Empire/Props Obi-Wan Mk1 along with me in my pocket to see Rogue One.

I wore ANH han to the premiere of TFA (heh) and I've been working on a Resistance Pilot for this premeire. I didn't have any issues with TFA (despite being the only one dressed), but now that the point has been raised, I'll def check with my theater to make sure they allow costumes.

Just looked it up and the only news I could find about cosplay at theatres was when TFA came out - and that was saying costumes are fine but no weapons and no face masks. I'll be picking up my premiere tickets sometime this week so I'll be sure to ask and confirm. I don't see why they'd outright ban all costumes though.

I was going to like your post halliwax yet it's rather sad that your local theater doesn't allow cosplay ... :cry

Chaïm

Dude, I'm so pumped to wear my costume to the premiere. I thought about going in ROTJ Boba gear or maybe TFA Kylo, but I ultimately ended up falling on a little home-made costume. I didn't make all the parts so I can't really say I built it from scratch, but I bought the pieces individually, assembled, and weathered it myself.

Here me out:

Levi's 511 jeans because Luke wears Levi's in ANH
A grey hoodie just incase Luke turns out to be a grey force user
A polo with the Imperial insignia on it because bad guys are cool too
White ankle socks because BB-8 has white on him
Suede shoes because they are uh kind of sand colored like Jakku... yeah, like Jakku... where Rey is from
And no underwear because underwear doesn't exist in space. Right, George?

I was going to like your post halliwax yet it's rather sad that your local theater doesn't allow cosplay ... :cry

Chaïm

It’s freak’n horrible... too much violence in the city I’m going to see it at..

A few months back I talked about this in the entertainment thread.

Members didn’t believe my stories until I linked them to the new paper websites... very sad :(

No cosplay rule?!?! I could see no prop weapons, but cosplay?!

Ep3 time it starts no masks, armor or weapons... then it went to no capes because they can be used to hide weapons... to no cosplay at all

Fun fact, my friends and I were turned away at a “hitch hikers guide to the galaxy” mid night premier because we were all wearing bathrobes..

Thankfully we had our cloths underneath but security refused to let us in until we removed them because it could be used to hide weapons or even food....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back