What will you wear to see the Last Jedi?

Last Jedi shirt from Celebration is all for me. Never personally understood the whole dressing up for a movie thing.. I want to enjoy the film without distractions or attention. Being in a hot or otherwise uncomfortable costume... ehhh.. not for me.

Just started to throw together something simple today, an easy approximation of a Resistance officer. The coat is my daily-wear winter jacket, so all additions are easy to put on and remove as needed. I'm going to be painting the Alliance/Resistance starbird on a bit of linen and baste-stitching it onto the left shoulder (near the rank badge) and might add a pocket or two to the belt, but otherwise it's essentially done! Wish I had the time and funds to build the actual Resistance Officer coat, but this will do for now. Can't wait for the movie!

resistance01.jpg

Awesome jacket!

Thank you. It's an Oppo suit, I saw one a month earlier and said it would be perfect for the premiere. I got at least fifty compliments on it during the evening. Has matching trousers but they were too light for the evening.

Clothing.

I wish I had something ready in time. Honestly though it's been since Revenge of the Sith that I dressed up to see any of the Star Wars films in the theater. I would love to go in costume but I never have anything ready in time. Plus with all of the crack down on costumes being worn at the theaters (many don't allow them anymore) I'd hate to be turned away on opening night because I wore an outfit.

I am really excited to see what this new film has in store for us!

It opened here (Finland) yesterday. I wore a TLJ logo shirt (and pants too, lol) No one was dressed as a character but it was great to see a lot different SW shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last second (of course) I've decided against wearing my kylo, and am just going with a t-shirt. Apparently there are no weapons, and or helmets or face paints allowed. A TLJ t-shirt will work just fine though;)

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

I'll probably rock my only t shirt over a hoodie. I figure my Graflex should be ok since it is still a static piece. My local theater, at least for TFA, had a ban on guns and anything that could partially or fully conceal identity (no masks, helmets, or hoods up).

I am constantly going back-and-forth in my head as to whether or not I am going to wear my Vader costume. I have an assigned seat, so no need to wait in line, but the theater doesn't allow masks inside the theater. Its 20 degrees here in Ohio, with snow on the ground, so I'm not excited about potentially ruining my cape by having it drag on the salt/snow.

Plus, don't know where I would change into and out of the costume if they don't let us inside.

Thoughts?

I am constantly going back-and-forth in my head as to whether or not I am going to wear my Vader costume. I have an assigned seat, so no need to wait in line, but the theater doesn't allow masks inside the theater. Its 20 degrees here in Ohio, with snow on the ground, so I'm not excited about potentially ruining my cape by having it drag on the salt/snow.

Plus, don't know where I would change into and out of the costume if they don't let us inside.

Thoughts?

Are you able to contact the cinema manager to get permission or even visit in person a day before to ask?

At this point, my plan is to go early (4:30p) and see if anyone else is in costume. If not, I'll ask the manager on the spot and see what they can do - they may have a back room I could use to change in and put my stuff. If I can't be inside, then I don't plan to do it. Either way - can't wait until 7pm!

Managed to get away to go see it, but if it weren't for the fire/incident alarm and subsequent evacuation 1 hour and 20 minutes into the film, I would still have had to go to a meeting I could not get out of anyway. So made do with a lightsaber and a Luke ESB jacket.

I will say that firing up an ESB/TFA Graflex lightsaber on opening day --just as the theatre went dark before the film-- provoked an electric response from the audience. That was pretty awesome!

Have tickets to see it on Saturday in full x-wing fig so will try to stay away from spoilers until then.

25398222_1798657046872347_3433824695379561607_o.jpg
I whipped up a quick EVA foam Sabine Wren, Bo Katan and Revan all within a week for opening night. Mandalorians from three Star Wars eras. Second year we've done this and my kids loved it. They picked the characters themselves. Being in Northern Ontario it's a little challenging just getting to the theatre considering it was -25 Celsius out but the people wanting pictures with us and the awe struck fans makes it so cool. No better way to go see a great movie. Last year we were Darth Nihilus, a dark storm trouper and a Sith acolyte. Thankfully our local Cineplex doesn't ban cosplay. In fact for the second year in a row the manager pulled us aside for photos in front of the Star Wars display. Gonna be tough to top this year with a new theme. Maybe Sith Inquisitors?

Last edited:
I was going to throw together a "sort of" Luke ESB Bespin costume, but I couldn't find a suitable beige jacket. Instead I just wore a hardware Graflex as a belt hanger. Got a few compliments, including a cosplayer who tried to guess which company I bought it from.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back