Blade Runner - Officer K's Blaster for 3Dprinting (Yet another one, sorry!)

diogorsergio

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
++Update++

Files:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2841038

If you enjoy the model and are feeling generous feel free to buy me a coffee! https://www.paypal.me/diogosergio

++++

Hi guys,

So for these past weeks I've been spending my lunch time working on the Officer K's blaster.
I've started modelling from the pictures/references available online, and most recently from the Tested video which made me do a lot of changes.
Trying to be as accurate as my skills in Fusion 360 allow! :)

It's almost finished, I need to tackled the front of the barrels and figure out the pattern used and also the texture of the main body. (Got a better understanding of it from the pictures of eltee's blaster)

After that I need to separate the model into parts to 3d print, and maybe think of way to incorporate an LED on it.

Here are some picture from the Fusion 360.

Q970b0B.png
VAwu0l1.png
LbnrRUO.png
knGV5gc.png
w5CHC9H.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
That is some damn fine work... definitely hoping you share the files for that so I can print one for myself. I have to sit down and learn Fusion 360 properly, from the looks of things.

Edit: Was the handle done in another software and then imported? Just wondering about the complexity of those curves in that software.

That is some damn fine work... definitely hoping you share the files for that so I can print one for myself. I have to sit down and learn Fusion 360 properly, from the looks of things.

Edit: Was the handle done in another software and then imported? Just wondering about the complexity of those curves in that software.

I learned Fusion 360 by modelling the Luke Skywalker - Lightsaber, simple shapes and gets you going with the basics.
About the handle, it was also done in Fusion 360, you've a Sculpt mode for more organic shapes.

You should definitely give it a go. Very robust software and its free for hobbyists.

Hey guys!

I managed to finish it. Just wanted to know whats the opinion on how I should slice the gun to printable parts.
Huge blocks (the whole gun in 2/3 pieces)? or Separate parts that fit together?

I'll work on this this week and will try to have it ready for the weekend.

Cheers! :D

Hey guys!

I managed to finish it. Just wanted to know whats the opinion on how I should slice the gun to printable parts.
Huge blocks (the whole gun in 2/3 pieces)? or Separate parts that fit together?

I'll work on this this week and will try to have it ready for the weekend.

Cheers! :D

Perhaps: Base/Body + Trigger Guard + Grip?

Hi guys,

So for these past weeks I've been spending my lunch time working on the Officer K's blaster.
I've started modelling from the pictures/references available online, and most recently from the Tested video which made me do a lot of changes.
Trying to be as accurate as my skills in Fusion 360 allow! :)

It's almost finished, I need to tackled the front of the barrels and figure out the pattern used and also the texture of the main body. (Got a better understanding of it from the pictures of eltee's blaster)

After that I need to separate the model into parts to 3d print, and maybe think of way to incorporate an LED on it.

Here are some picture from the Fusion 360.

View attachment 765361
View attachment 765362
View attachment 765363
View attachment 765364
View attachment 765365

Cheers!

I don’t think your Fusion skills are lacking much! Lol.

Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a CR-10, so I can print large files and prefer not so many. More important for me is, that the parts orientation and size allow clean prints

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back