Blade Runner - Officer K's Blaster for 3Dprinting (Yet another one, sorry!)

Just finished printing another piece!

Still not quite sure about the texture, I've tried so many different variations on the 3D Model, this looked the most accurate, but still doesn't feel right.

Photo 03-03-2018, 17 53 36.jpg
Photo 03-03-2018, 18 08 55.jpg
Photo 03-03-2018, 18 09 06.jpg
Photo 03-03-2018, 18 09 18.jpg

Check out the top image in this jpeg. I think it shows a more grill like feel, could this be the hero on top of a stunt version?.
2049-D.jpg

heres a still shot from the blue ray.
20180223_232309.jpg
personally I prefer the Microphone mesh look. But its up to you. Its your baby.

Check out the top image in this jpeg. I think it shows a more grill like feel, could this be the hero on top of a stunt version?.
View attachment 799742

heres a still shot from the blue ray.
View attachment 799743
personally I prefer the Microphone mesh look. But its up to you. Its your baby.

I think it's more a difference between early and late in production. The gun from Sapper's table has clearly got separate mesh pieces glued on (and looks a bit of a mess, to be honest). The hero blasters from late in the film (such as the ones in the Tested video, and the 'fully engraved' one that was displayed at SDCC) are substantially neater, and look like the mesh is integrated into the print of the barrel as it's all perfectly flush and aligned. Here's a picture of 3 hero versions in the tactical case (which I think was taken during the Tested shoot, so presumably after principal photography had ended):
hero_blasters.jpg

There were rumours about the original blaster props supplied by PropShop not being particularly reliable and lots of rebuilds and replacements being made during production, so the mesh being incorporated into the barrel print may have been part of that (some of the mesh on the Bluray picture looks like it's already fallen off a couple of times)

@Sayha, out of interest for my holster thread, what are the width and height of the muzzle end of your barrel, and how long is the model from the flat face of the muzzle to the rear end of the receiver (in mm, preferably)?

hero_blasters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work, Buzby! I'm still not sure anyone has gotten the grill work right - in the hero it looks more like interlocking protrusions than recessed cuts, but I have yet to find a high enough visual reference. Let's hope it goes up for auction or on display again soon!

Very nice work, Buzby! I'm still not sure anyone has gotten the grill work right - in the hero it looks more like interlocking protrusions than recessed cuts, but I have yet to find a high enough visual reference. Let's hope it goes up for auction or on display again soon!
Would you say they are... interlinked?

Test print looks good. I'd be okay with it as-is, but I see what you mean about the texture. I think it's the distance between the holes in the "mesh." Maybe adding more holes would help.

Your so far off baseline ;-)
I can definitely see that the mesh has come out of its position on the farthest two sections in the screen grab image . I wonder if this means the first incarnations of the blaster had mesh which you can see details through ? Not a good idea for this 3d print, but just a thought.

@Sayha, out of interest for my holster thread, what are the width and height of the muzzle end of your barrel, and how long is the model from the flat face of the muzzle to the rear end of the receiver (in mm, preferably)?

Hi buzby!

I just noticed my scale was off! (Way to big) I'm finishing printing the last pieces and will put it together and then look at how much I should decrease the size.
I had a quick look through some references from the Tested video when they were holding it, now trying to make something out of it.

Do you have any information on it?

Cheers!

Hi buzby!

I just noticed my scale was off! (Way to big) I'm finishing printing the last pieces and will put it together and then look at how much I should decrease the size.
I had a quick look through some references from the Tested video when they were holding it, now trying to make something out of it.

Do you have any information on it?

Cheers!

Unfortunately not. I have a couple of replicas -rgriesbeck's kit from here that I want to take my time completing, and a cheap 2-part 3D printed (2 halves glued together, from a model that was probably downloaded from thiniiverse) ) one from ebay that I bought as a 'buck' to build my holster around (kind of like the brass buck SafariLand had made of Deckard's blaster to mould the leather holster around). The two replicas aren't really that close in dimensions - the ebay one is both thinner across the muzzle and a fair bit shorter (mostly in the receiver) than rgriesbeck's. It's not my place to give out dimensions of these models though - I don't want to start the BR2049 equivalent of Coyle vs Siiderio....

The only 'real' component we know was used on the blaster is the 3mm LEDs and their mounting clips on the front of the trigger guard, but it's going to be tricky to scale an entire model from that. The only other 'real' parts I suspect were used are the bolts on the sides of the receiver - I suspect they are M4 Extra Low Head Cap screws, like these, wih a head diameter of 7mm::
221000551220_01470.jpg

GIF_221000551220_1.gif

See https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221000551220/?rid=rid3

221000551220_01470.jpg

GIF_221000551220_1.gif

The only 'real' component we know was used on the blaster is the 3mm LEDs and their mounting clips on the front of the trigger guard, but it's going to be tricky to scale an entire model from that. The only other 'real' parts I suspect were used are the bolts on the sides of the receiver - I suspect they are M4 Extra Low Head Cap screws, like these, wih a head diameter of 7mm::

My print cracked me up! It was huge ahahaha.. :lol
I will scale with the 3mm led as reference and see if the screw checks up as well!
If all good I'll print everything again scaled down and see how it looks.

Kblaster.png

Also had to modify some parts and make adjustments.. i missed some things the first time around!
But so far so good everything fits nicely together. I just wished I had used a variable inside fusion360 for the PLA tolerances.. scaling down I will have to re-adjust those.

I scaled it down to 80% .. just a bit to big still.. going to try 76% :)
The quality is a bit ****e.. did a full plate with all the pieces and increased the speed!

I already know I'll need to adjust some pieces thickness and size.. but hopefully will have something for you guys before the weekend!

Here are some pictures... had to print In pink xD the only pla roll I had that wouldn't run out with all the pieces at the same time.

Attachments

• Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 09.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 09.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 147
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 24 (1).jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 24 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 157
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 59.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 59.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 45.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 45.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 26.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 26.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 151
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 20.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 44 20.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 159
  • Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 58.jpg
    Photo 07-03-2018, 00 45 58.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hey guys!

It's done... (or so I hope).
You can find the files bellow, print and let me know how it went and what you thing of the model.
If anyone needs the Fusion360 files to do further changes (Electronics, etc) Just let me know.

Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2841038

If you enjoy the model and are feeling generous feel free to buy me a coffee! https://www.paypal.me/diogosergio

Cheers!

JId1jfM.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome, dude. The printer at my library has been out of commission for what seems like forever, but as soon as it's up and running again I'll be printing one of these. I'll be sure to send over a tip for all your hard work when I do.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back