2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly he was banned for the SS. I *HATE* when that happens, as I say in my opening post "a $20 gift is not worth getting banned for". Both a mod and I sent PMs and emails with no response. Last straw is that I noticed he was on yesterday. Thankfully by the looks of things he'll be the only one this year.
@NormanF I too would love to see what you sent him. :)

What disappoints me is that his profile showed he was on here and he was apparently alive and well because I saw that he was doing a Star Wars themed podcast and they were having regular posts.

Anyway, according to postal tracking the package was delivered. I ordered the 13x19 version of this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/527893...ue-one-imperial-droid?ref=shop_home_active_11

Last edited:
This is my first year doing this and i enjoyed it, i have enjoyed seeing what everyone has got. i am not really a prop builder but i hope the person that got my gift likes them i have not seen if they posted a pic of what they got yet but i hope they like it i sent as my gift to a person was three sets of indiana Jones trading cards in a binder.

Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been rather busy lately. The postman brought the package when I wasn't at my home, and it took some time for me to go to the post office to collect it.

The gift from my Secret Santa is a wonderful Indiana Jones leather whip. It was a real surprise, and I must say it's really awesome !

I haven't tried it out outdoors yet, but it will happen soon ! Many thanks to the Santa from RPF :D

FullSizeRender.jpg

:unsureSorry for the really late post I am horrible at being on time. But Santa got me something very cool this year! I'm stoked!! It's a unfinished Angel BIMG_0130.JPGIMG_0131.JPGlade prop from Supernatural!!! And it is Super cool!! See what I did there:cool lol. Here are some pics, I plan on building a stand for it and painting it all silver! And I will add pics of that when I get it done:D Thank you so much Secret Santa!!

Last edited:
OOOOH Michael, Did you manage to get the sound working. I had a few ideas if not..... bloody annoying that. :thumbsup

Have had zero time to look at it but I'm sure I can get it working. There's a little rattle inside when I shake it so I think maybe a connection just came loose. Once I get to it I will make sure to post! :D

@Michael Bergeron, I'd like to get Ash a little something for stepping in and picking up the slack. If he's going to give two gifts, I'd like to give two gifts. Could that be setup?

I'd like to get @Ash something real nice!

lxfxlIP.gif

Last edited:
:unsureSorry for the really late post I am horrible at being on time. But Santa got me something very cool this year! I'm stoked!! It's a unfinished Angel BView attachment 786068View attachment 786069lade prop from Supernatural!!! And it is Super cool!! See what I did there:cool lol. Here are some pics, I plan on building a stand for it and painting it all silver! And I will add pics of that when I get it done:D Thank you so much Secret Santa!!

Glad you like it! I worked on a few different versions before running out of time and ordered the best replica I could find. If you want to send it I'll take care of finishing!

Honestly, anyone who keeps in communication with me and isn't outright out to scam the system has no fear of being banned. I like to give EVERY opportunity for people, even if they're having a rough time, to find a way through this that doesn't end in punishment. There have been people in the past who have had issues and 99.9% of the time we are able to work it out.

Anyhow, I think that takes away from what this is really about so I'd rather not dwell on it. :)

Truest statement I have read. You worked with me tremendously. During SS I had a lot of things going on from just my gf and I moving in together, to money tightness, finals for my classes at U of L, and also the hectic traveling that comes with the season. I believe my gift arrived right at Christmas, so I wasnt too late. haha

I received my SS's gift today!
I think my SS sent it a few weeks ago, but my country is so far from SS's country so it's looks like delivery was delayed. :unsure
Anyway I'm glad it wasn't lost. ;D

2018-01-11-14-25-59-604.jpg

I was very surprised that he(or she) made it himself.

2018-01-11-14-21-52.jpg

Zoom shot

tom-holland-spider-man-awesome-review.gif

2018-01-11-14-20-49.jpg

SS said, I can open it, but as he advised, I think keep it with whole package is better.
So I put it into my collection box.

It's so special gift to me because this is handmade figure of my most favorite hero. :)
Thank him for his hard work and for his special gift!

Little-Boy-Says-Thank-You-To-The-Iron-Man-Robert-Downey-Jr..gif

And I also thank Michael for hosting such an event! :)

Attachments

• 2018-01-11-14-18-35.jpg
    2018-01-11-14-18-35.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Well! Santa finally came. He was stuck at brazilian customs office for a few weeks. (It takes a while to inspect every present in that bag, you never know!)
I should not post what I received here, as I can get in serious trouble for sharing top secret information, but what the hell; I got mail from the NASA. I will post pictures of what I got for my own security. I'm a big fish, and those photos are the proof of not only that...
26853637_10213008654323238_45240344_o.jpg26827836_10213008666803550_1757553340_o.jpg26772436_10213008653283212_87310530_o.jpg26905829_10213008653123208_147088817_o.jpg
I'm not the quickest person in the world, so I have to thank my Secret Santa for the hint at the signature of the letter. I almost bought it. Or did I? ;)
I had a really good time opening and checking the content, now I must decide where do I showcase all those photos. Thanks Santa!

Well! Santa finally came. He was stuck at brazilian customs office for a few weeks. (It takes a while to inspect every present in that bag, you never know!)
I should not post what I received here, as I can get in serious trouble for sharing top secret information, but what the hell; I got mail from the NASA. I will post pictures of what I got for my own security. I'm a big fish, and those photos are the proof of not only that...
View attachment 786548View attachment 786547View attachment 786546View attachment 786549
I'm not the quickest person in the world, so I have to thank my Secret Santa for the hint at the signature of the letter. I almost bought it. Or did I? ;)
I had a really good time opening and checking the content, now I must decide where do I showcase all those photos. Thanks Santa!
Glad you liked it.

I'm sorry they are not from any show or movie, but they are original infrared photos that I took trying to reproduce the look of space photography.

Someday it will be a book, than you can brag about having a fine art print of one of them. [emoji12]

View attachment 786548View attachment 786547View attachment 786546View attachment 786549
I better not end up a prisoner at some government black site just for looking at this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back