2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seems like I'm the last one! Sorry for the late post. I received two figures for my Star Wars shelves. These are now on full display at work and are a great addition. Thank you TIG Creations!
8a2e64401a6effcf43ca703847a8a4ad.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Guys, I'm going to unsubscribe to this tread so I can keep my followings more organized, but first I would like to say that this was an absolute delight. I'm very happy to finally been able to participate. This was a great experience.

Can't thank you guys enough. The RPF is really a great group of people.

Abraços do Brasil!

Douglas

Alrighty, I've been tardy with this post but I now have TWO huge thank yous to give as a second unsolicited secret Santa gift arrived today at my home!

But first, for the third year in a row doppelganger went above and beyond and had a gift waiting at my parent's house on Christmas eve. Wrapped in some awesome comic wrapping paper was a thermal charge from ROTJ!

e5283a4667bc9777b414059a6755c4f3.jpg

It's got lights and sound effects although the sound isn't working. I keep meaning to check it out and will repair that aspect once I get some time!

Second was a gift I received today from my very own Secret Squirrel who has been sending me lovely little surprises for more years than I can count. It's great to unwrap gifts in January, it felt like Christmas all over again. :)

I received an awesome Stark banner from GOT and the German telegram from LC!

088f0fa023bc72aea68be274a6cf7b31.jpg

Thank you so much guys. These are most definitely above and beyond the SS and I'm humbled that you take extra effort each year to make me feel special. I certainly don't do this for anything extra, but I have to admit you guys really make me smile.

All we're waiting for now is Joshvanrad's backup gift to arrive. Once that happens I'll have the thread removed from sticky. :)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@MichaelBergeron just to keep you and everyone else in the loop, I PM'd Joshvanrad today and let him know that I'm wrapping up the rest of his gift that I put together for him and that it should be in the mail by weeks end or early next week by the latest.

-Ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update for all. As promised the FINAL Secret Santa gift went in the mail today on it's way to JoshVanRad and I imagine he should have it by weeks end, seeing as how we reside a state away from each other. Thanks again to Michael Bergeron for organizing and executing this event once again this year, as it's something I truly look forward to during the holiday season! Happy Holidays to everyone!

P.S. When does the "Halfway to the Holidays" secret gift exchange happen again? Ha Ha.

-Ash

Ok, so I'm 100% positive I'm the last person to receive their SS gift this year. However, it was definitely worth the wait. I went home over lunch today to find it sitting on my doorstep. A TON of very cool items were in the box. The items covered two of my favorite fandoms, Harry Potter and Star Wars. @Ash hand-crafted 2 of the Star Wars items and they look amazing.

Unfortunately for you guys I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to post pictures of the stuff until I get back, so you guys are going to have to wait for the pictures of the final SS gift until February. To be sure, I will be posting pictures and more gratitude once I get back home though. Thanks again Ash for stepping up and sending something when you had no obligation to do so. Always a nice surprise to find gifts waiting on your doorstep. It's even more cool when it's evident that someone has poured a ton of creativity into what they are sending!
MICHAEL, MARK ME AS 'R'!

JoshVanRad- It was my pleasure man!

I'm so relieved you seem to have liked what I sent him. The curse of people who create things is they tend to, more often than not, be their own toughest critics, and I am diffentally in that category.

-Ash

Holy crap you guys are hard core! :lol

A few things regarding pushing up the start date on this:

1. As it is I start early October. Many people, myself included, would be a little perturbed if I were to start a CHRISTMAS exchange in August or even September. It's just... Against the flow. :lol

2. Despite the fact that some people really go gangbusters (and I always love to see that) this is just a small $20 exchange at it's core. Currently some folks get intimidated by this exchange and I imagine giving them several months to come up with that perfect gift would both amp up the intimidation and the expectation on the other end.

Who knows, maybe I'll make an early set of matches next year for those who are really keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back