2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shipped mine out today :)

I meant to ship it out yesterday, but the box I was going to use to ship it all would've cost almost $40 for Priority Mail :eek so I had to figure out a workaround. Long story short I ended up shipping two different "packages", and it still cost almost $20, but according to the USPS receipt they should both arrive before Christmas, so I'm happy :)

After I dropped mine off I went to my brother's (IAmCaseyJones) to drive him to the Post Office so he could ship his (his Jeep still isn't safe to drive after his accident a few days ago), and unfortunately we were around 30 minutes too late :facepalm However, it's all ready to go, and I took it home with me so I could drop it at the PO first thing tomorrow (which means it should arrive at his recipient's by Saturday the 23rd at the latest according to USPS).

Oh and we both received our SS gifts as well, and shockingly the size/type of box they both arrived in are almost identical. Normally that wouldn't be too crazy, but they're both triangle shaped boxes that are around 2 feet long, which isn't exactly a common size/shape in my experience. I just hope whatever is inside mine isn't damaged, as of course the package is a bit beat up (I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to receiving packages damaged by USPS :().

Here's a pic I took of it...
My_SS_package.jpg

I don't want to risk opening the package in case the present/presents aren't wrapped, so I plan to wait until Christmas Eve. I think I can make it just 5 more days :)

Thanks Santa!

I opened the package to find a custom box with an Infinity Gauntlet on it! Inside the package were a number of smaller gifts and as I unwrapped I discovered the treasures below.

Gift 1.jpg

- Thor:Ragnarok ornament
- POP! Iron Man pin
- Book of Marvel stickers
- Best of all was a set of custom tooled leather coasters. These are all hand tooled and hand painted! They are gorgeous! They all fit nicely back into the Infinity Gauntlet box so they will be ready to go when all my superhero friends come by for a drink!

Nicely done Santa!

Since I managed to ship out my gift yesterday, which is set to arrive just in time on Friday, I permitted myself to a) go watch TLJ and b) finally open my own gift!

As someone who's fairly obsessed with K-2SO, I wasn't sure if I should list it on my interests or not because there'd be a good chance I had anything others my shoot my way. Not that more K-2SO of any sort is a bad thing, but beyond the Sideshow/Hot Toys/ArtFX/Koto stuff there's not a lot of figures and statues of this wonderful droid that I don't already have. Or so I thought, until I opened my gift...

01.JPG

I seriously couldn't be more pleased. It's an ingenious idea, simple but so fitting, and was beautifully executed by @camprandall. I knew I was in for a treat when I smelled the faint lingering scent of spray paint! And while the figure-in-carbonite block itself is beautiful, I'm just as impressed by the stand and base for it. In short, it's a perfect custom-made gift for someone who loves K-2SO as much as I do.

Thank you so much Clint, I hope my recipient is even half as excited about my gift. And thank you for running this Michael. It's barely over and I can't wait until the next one! Here's a few more shots, in all its glory...

02.JPG03.JPG04.JPG

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Clint, I hope my recipient is even half as excited about my gift. And thank you for running this Michael. It's barely over and I can't wait until the next one! Here's a few more shots, in all its glory...

I'm so glad you like it! It was a weird idea and was prompted by exactly the thought that I didn't want to do something you already had. Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
USPS tracking shows delivery to my recipient is delayed: Was the 19th, now rec'd by sorting facility on the 20th with no expected delivery given.
Aaarrrrggghhh.

Finally finished my gift! Will post first thing tomorrow. Gah this has been the most stressful time to have a stressful time! :)

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

My gift arrived today and it's simply beautiful, I will post pictures soon as I get a chance, but it's awesome. A full size fully painted replica of obi wans lightsaber hilt.

I have no idea who my secret santa is, but thank you, you exceeded my expectations by a mile.

Thank you again and have a great Christmas.

Ooh, clever girl. Thanks Julianna, it's awesome! Sorry about the postage. Mark me as well received.

View attachment 781357View attachment 781358

I'm glad you liked it! so glad the second casting worked (mostly), i had to tear my mould so a third would have been impossible xD sorry i ran out of time to make a base for her! i'll likely post a sculpt thread of her at some point

Not sure if this is from my RPF SS or COW SS... but just got these amazing hard-cover books from two of my favorite franchises (and, amazingly, I don't already own either of them, though I have been tempted by them many times before):

FXQL0zR.jpg

So a big thanks to whomever you are!

Michael mark me as received, very received! Thank you MoScOut soooo much. The bookends are fantastic and they match my two favorite marvel character's, Captain America and Thor! I'm really excited too that you made them, there beautiful MoDcOut, very beautiful and I love them. I also got a patch from StarWars cloud city. I love that you can see the city & ty fighters. Plus I got a bonus of my favorite candy, gummy bears :) who did you talk too? Lol
Again thank you so much, they are loved!
8230429e0f4dfd20caa24d007aa712dd.jpg
2804cbdcb3fdf4eda69b014788e53a73.jpg
6c0cae4a569ab4a10290ac13e303602f.jpg
8376e1361bad8c33fa80b6eb15448630.jpg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back