2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much deliberation it has begun! Give me a break, I've only been back in town 4 days :p I should be done with it by this coming weekend, next week at the latest. It's still plenty of time before the coming holiday of your choice. It was a little tricky, though I like all of my persons favorite things, my wheelhouse is quite a bit different! I like the challenge and I really hope that the receiver enjoys what I have chosen for them. <sitting in the corner nervously biting my nails> :)

I've been avoiding the RPF the past week or so, and every other movie related website/forum I frequent, as I didn't want to accidentally read any spoilers for Justice League, but I finally saw it on Thursday night, and I absolutely loved it :thumbsup I'll be seeing it again tonight with my brother, after we go watch tonight's The Walking Dead episode at our local discount theater for free :D

Already making progress with my gift. Only thing going through my mind at the moment is "I hope they don't have it". Something going through every ones mind as well:lol. Progress pics will be posted at the proper time.:)

My brother and I hung out for a bit the other night and had a bit of a brainstorm on what to get our recipient's, and neither of us have decided on anything 100% yet, but he asked me "How are we supposed to know whether or not they already own something?". I just said that there really isn't really any way to find out for sure, unless you get lucky researching their past posts, but then I said half jokingly "If we do end up getting them something that they already own then at least it'll mean we actually had the right idea" :lol

I actually did receive something I'd already owned in one of these Secret Santa's (2015 I believe), and I didn't mind one bit. It was the Blu-ray for The Dark Knight, and luckily my SS included a gift receipt with it, so I just went in to Target and exchanged it for two cheaper Blu-rays that I didn't own. The two I got were 30 Days of Night & The Cabin in the Woods if anyone is curious, and I had to pay around $2.50 out of pocket for the two of them after the exchange (which was a great price). Funnily enough I just ordered another copy of The Cabin in the Woods from Amazon a couple days ago, but this time it's the 4K Blu-ray. I don't even have a 4K TV (and I'd rather get a 3D Projector), but it was on sale for around $7.88, plus I had $6.25 in promo credit, so I couldn't resist. Not to mention I obviously really like the movie (even though it could've been a lot better IMO), and I do have an XBOX One S (thanks to my awesome brother!), which can play 4K BDs :)

The person I've got mentioned the normal likes most of the board has, but then mentioned something slightly off that list which got my gears flowing. I've decided on sort of an immersive ongoing present, that tells a bit of a story, but I'm raking my brain thinking " their not gonna get it" I'm going to far with this" etc. I'm excited but keep thinking their gonna hate it.
Chris

(a small breeze..... and a tumble weed roles by...)

Where IS everybody!

I know where I am...... MACHINING SOME MORE.... AAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Getting a little cabin fever with all this aluminium (or aluminum for the foreigners...lol) swarf flying around.

Probably would have made more sense to have started with a closer sized piece..... hmmmmm, note for next time.

That was quick! - Saw the box, realised I wasn't expecting anything from New Zealand, then saw the name of who sent it, acted like an excited child...my partner promptly took it off me and hid it!

Mark me as received :D

Oh and Ps. I shall be posting soon...

That was quick! - Saw the box, realised I wasn't expecting anything from New Zealand, then saw the name of who sent it, acted like an excited child...my partner promptly took it off me and hid it!

Mark me as received :D

Oh and Ps. I shall be posting soon...

Lol... someone is going on a Prezzie hunt. Please keep us apprised of the situation.:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back