2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayne's hat from Firefly!
The next thing I saw was a folded up piece of paper that said "open first." Oops. It was a wonderful handwritten note from my Secret Santa, Ash. Thanks man! The note even said that the hat was hand-knitted by his friend, and not store bought!
View attachment 781660
https://giphy.com/gifs/xULW8EAJxhacDmbcnm/html5https://giphy.com/gifs/xULW8EAJxhacDmbcnm/html5

Syncronicity at work. I started watching Firefly for the first time earlier this year. I just saw that episode last night. So cool to watch it, then immediately see someone get a prop in real life.

You can take all the time you like, you have my permission! I'm just glad it's there safely and in time, and apparently providing entertainment even before it's been opened. Yes, Dino's amazing! No, there's unfortunately no relation I'm aware of, other than long hair and a beard. ;)

Actually Dino didn't even click and I love Orel and Community. Was referring to an episode of Venture Bros. when they go to this Greek Island for a made up festival called Spanikopita, but every time they say it, they have to yell it. Your name is the perfect amount of syllables to do it haha.

R2D2 Hat.jpg
It's an R2D2 hat! Thank you SS! And just in time for me to wear it to The Last Jedi! (Which was awesome btw!) And it even fits my generously sized noggin. I have to say R2 is one of my favorite droids, so this is great! My kids had to try it on too, so this gift will definitely be loved.

The included card said "but wait there's more" so I get to continue my frequent excited trips to the mailbox! :)

HAPPY XMAS EVE RPF!

https://imgur.com/tEADGXc

I think maybe I welcomed eve day first in here.

I saw SW: LAST JEDI on IMAX 3D screen before yesterday and it was awesome!

In addition, I found some SW postcard in the movie shop and it was pretty good.

https://imgur.com/K71scFN

(Just I wanted to share this with you guys!)

Anyway I didn't recive mind yet, But I'm so happy to hear the new that my recipient recived my SS present!

And surprisingly, today is my B day. ;D
Hahaha, so now I have to go enjoy this delight.

Happy chrismas eve guys! xoxo

Seriously fearing mine SS gift has gotten lost in the mail. I posted it 12 days ago and nothing on the tracking since the 14th. I guess we have to wait another 2 weeks before its classed as M.I.A.

Shame, I think my recipient would have liked it.:cry 〰

I'm pretty sure I received mine today. An unexpected package arrived today. I am waiting to open until Christmas, I will add more detail and an official Thank You then, but for now just in case it is from my Secret Santa, thanks!

Received mine today! Somebody in the household opened up the box, but thankfully the gift inside was wrapped in mysterious brown paper [I'm a sucker for that old paper crinkle noise...something vintage about it...weird, I know]. I'm one of those waiting people. Normally open it sometime on Christmas Day if I can sneak away from family. Otherwise, I open the day after Christmas. Thanks, Santa.

I didn't receive my gift yet, but my Secret Santa shouldn't worry. The Brazilian post takes a huge amount of time to deliver international packages.

Just have to be a little more patient.

Feliz Natal, pra quem é de Natal! Boas Festas, pra quem não é!

Still waaaay too many people that haven't posted pictures yet.

I get the waiting thing, but some senders would like to know if what they sent was actually enjoyed.

Its not mandatory to post what you got,but I agree ALOT of work was done on a lot of these SS gifts and it's killing me to know if they liked it... I mean not me ah...in general it must be killing whomever doesn't know ...to hell with it, TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT!...HATE IT! ANYTHING
IVE BEEN WAITING FOR ANYTHING SINCE TRACKING SAID YOU GOT IT.
ok sorry I'm good now.
Merry Christmas Everyone

So it doesn't look like the Secret Santa gift I posted will make it in time for the 25th - Rather annoyingly I posted it well in advanced than I normally do for overseas parcels and got it send at the start of December. It vanished from tracking for almost 2 weeks and re-appeared 2 days ago with no updates since!

This does mean however it is not lost and that you will receive...(without giving anything away)...a computer 3D modelled, then high detail 3D resin printed, then silicone moulded, then resin poured, then hand painted movie replica...at some point shortly after Christmas.

Why is it when im behind and post halfway through the month to another country, as I have done in the past years, it makes it on time with a couple of days spare!

- Typical.
Wishing everyone a good holiday and look forward to seeing what everyone has received (and of course to open mine too - which incredibly is still under the tree!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back