2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now OPEN!

List updated!

Seems I forgot to add my own wish list.

I love, in no particular order:

- BTTF
- Indiana Jones
- Jurassic Park
- Star Wars (not the prequels, but everything else)
- Star Trek (TOS and TNG)
- James Bond (Primarily Connery)
- Ghostbusters (Original)
- Red Dwarf
- Game of Thrones
- Doctor Who
- Legend of Zelda
- Fallout

Now here's the rub, I've got most of what I would want from these franchises, generally. Escpecially at the $20 level. :lol

Since my Santa won't be a secret they are free to ask me what I already have. Here's a few specific ideas though:

- Grant's raptor claw from JP1. The one he uses at the start of the film to scare the kid.
- High quality JP park brochure. I have the cheap one you can find everywhere but would love a good one.
- Kidde fire extinguisher (used in Jurassic Park)
- The flares from JP1 (as seen with the nightvision goggles and the fire extinguisher)
- Grey King Pelican Case, again, as seen in JP1. See where I'm going here? ;)
- Master Sword or Hero's Shield from any Zelda game.
- Any Sword from GOT, especially Longclaw.
- Stark Banner/Flag from GOT
- Nike Mags (size 12)
- A good and proper Indiana Jones fedora. Those last two are certainly a "wish" though, very expensive!

Not particularly into art but definitely into hand made props. Not into toys/figures but open to it as my kids will love them I'm sure. :thumbsup

Of course I'm in and open to international shipping if needed.

My interests include:

SW
POTC
Marvel (particularly Spider-man, Wolverine/X-men, Ironman)
Batman (89 is my preferred choice)
Indiana Jones
JP
LOTR
X-Files
GOTG
Most things Disney

I'm not opposed to kits as I enjoy the build aspect but I'd prefer not to receive toys/figures if possible. However, as MB pointed out - my kids would still end up enjoying them if that's the direction my SS decides to go.

I've been a member far too long not to have taken part in this. So, here we go!

Interests as follows:
Blade Runner
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Solid
Firefly
Akira
Gundam

Looking forward to participating this year. I would prefer domestic US shipping. Cheers!

Last edited:

I missed this last year but I have some cool stuff. So Michael if you can hook me up with a Star Wars fan that would be great.

My interests are of course in props in sci fi but specifically:

Star Wars
Blade Runner
Battlestar Galactica
2001 A Space Odyssey
Star Trek
Macross
Tron

Thanks. Happy soon to be holidays.

HEY!!! I noticed the secret santa thread is only stuck to the "replica props" section... I remember there are always a lot of people who miss it cause they don't catch it before the deadline. I thought it might increase participation if this thread was temporarily stuck in all sections for a week or two, to give people a fair chance to see it. not everybody checks out all the sections every other day like I do. :D Just an idea.

Loved it last year.

I'm in this year.

My interests include props/memorabilia. I like Star Wars, Star Trek (TOS and the JJverse), Marvel Cinematic Universe, Indiana Jones, Pacific Rim, Stranger Things, Jurassic Park/World, and I'm currently super into Westworld on HBO so any "old west" type stuff would be cool. Oh, and Rick and Morty for sure.

Thanks for for doing this again!!

HEY!!! I noticed the secret santa thread is only stuck to the "replica props" section... I remember there are always a lot of people who miss it cause they don't catch it before the deadline. I thought it might increase participation if this thread was temporarily stuck in all sections for a week or two, to give people a fair chance to see it. not everybody checks out all the sections every other day like I do. :D Just an idea.

That's a question for Montagar. :)

Please count me in. Just like every year I'm shipping worldwide.

My interests are:

Star Trek (TOS - ENT)
Star Wars
Back To The Future
The Orville
Fringe
The X-Files
Galaxy Quest
Lost
Blade Runner
DC
Marvel
Alien(s)
Terminator
The Walking Dead
The Avengers (Peel & Steed)

Dietrich

2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now OPEN!

sign me up but would like to keep eu package to us seam to take long or go through bermuda triangle

intrested in
Stargate
star wars
Kingsman

Yarooon

Last edited:

Of course i'm in for another year!

Happy to post international.

Interests:
LOTR (inc The Hobbit)
Star Wars (All)
Indiana Jones (received an incredible diary from secret santa before!)
Harry Potter + Fantastic Beasts
Guardians of the Galaxy
Lost
Blade Runner (both)
A fan of accurate paper props
Of course props in general such as little things used in the films,
mostly 1:1 props, not so much figures or toys.

Thanks for running this again Michael :thumbsup

Last edited:

Im in! Domestic shipping in the US would be preferred, but I could be talked into international shipping if needed.

Interests:
Costumes!
Star Wars (Working on a FO snow trooper costume)
Ridley Scott films (Working on a Martian costume)
Daft Punk (I would love to put together a Thomas Bangalter costume)
Rick and Morty
Stranger things
Drones
Motorcycles (Love old leather Jackets)
Neck Ties (I have to wear a dress shirt and tie at work but don't have any good geeky ties)
Awesome hand made wooden objects of all shapes and sizes.

Count me in.
Domestic Australia but will post internationally if no other Aussies pony up.

Interests include:
Star Wars
Judge Dredd (Urban not Stalone)
Blade Runner
Alien/s
Indiana Jones
Destiny 1 & 2

Last edited:

Finally, I am posting well before the deadline! Good thing I was cleaning out my old email and found the receipt from last years gift.

I want to ship in North America, but will ship international if needed.

Amongst my interests are:
Jurassic Park
Dr Who with a preference towards Baker (duh!)
Star Trek (not the reboots)
Battlestar Galactica, both versions (I hate Muffit, even when I was a kid. Worst robot dog EVER)
Firefly
Babylon 5
Warehouse 13
Grimm
Dredd
Archer
Venture Brothers
Fifth Element
Futurama
Space 1999
Borderlands series
Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4.
Half-Life
Portal
Rick and Morty
Everybody's new favorite: The Orville
Dishonored series
A girlfriend

Hey everyone. This would be my first RPF secret santa if I were to join, so I have a couple of questions before I jump onboard. I'm a college student, and I'm pretty new to propmaking, so my experience and resources are rather limited. A lot of the projects I have completed were done so with a lot of trial and error and quite a bit of luck. I don't mean to sound like I'm not proud of what I do, I'm just a little worried that whatever I can make out of $20 won't look nearly as good when compared to what some of the other members can make. So what advice would you guys have for me if I joined? Also, in the event that I screw up whatever I end up making, could I buy an item that fits my persons interests instead? From the instructions it sounds like a purchased item is an option, but I'm wondering if it is frowned upon? All thoughts are appreciated!

I'm in! International shipping, obviously...

I prefer 1:1 props and costumes, not a huge fan of figurines, toys etc... but anything like that can get handed on to my boys, so still a viable option. ;)

INTERESTS:

Star Wars
Doctor Who (still don't have a TARDIS or a Weeping Angel...)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones
Superman, Batman and most of the main superheroes...
Lord of the Rings
Star Trek
Anything old, historic, vintage, etc...

Hey everyone. This would be my first RPF secret santa if I were to join, so I have a couple of questions before I jump onboard. I'm a college student, and I'm pretty new to propmaking, so my experience and resources are rather limited. A lot of the projects I have completed were done so with a lot of trial and error and quite a bit of luck. I don't mean to sound like I'm not proud of what I do, I'm just a little worried that whatever I can make out of $20 won't look nearly as good when compared to what some of the other members can make. So what advice would you guys have for me if I joined? Also, in the event that I screw up whatever I end up making, could I buy an item that fits my persons interests instead? From the instructions it sounds like a purchased item is an option, but I'm wondering if it is frowned upon? All thoughts are appreciated!
I'm kinda in the same situation, but I think I'll give it a chance. It's a good drive.

Just try. You can always just buy something. Last year I got somebody some art work.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back