40K Ork Warboss,,,,

Right so this is Iggy's fault.....

His comment about making a Grot got me thinking..... how can i get that done without spending too much money.... (James pulls out two bin bags of offcuts)!!! now this did have to move or anything to it was just a case of trying to make it look cool...i started stacking up loads of offcuts of eva matts and the 2"/1" i had left over from the base of the boots.... Thinking a little more i messaged a mate who miniatures for a living.... " Dude, how tall is a grot/snotlng "? After his response I thought the game might be on....

So out came the hot glue gun for this one, a nice fresh blade in the knife and fresh belt on the linisher and dremmel.... The belly/lower torso was made buy cutting D shaped discs of incremental sizes and then where glued together, attacked with a knife and then finished off with a belt sander and dremmel.....

I might make his butt a little bigger so it makes the curve in the back look a bit more extreme....

The upper torso was done in the same way but with off cut of 1" Ethrafoam.....

Once the two halves where about where i wanted them at this stage used a small dowel and glued them together.... body done....

On to the arms......

For these I layered up five pieces of eva foam that i had cut to shape, glues together and shaped with a knife before the dremmel....

Again using dowels i pinned these in place to have a gauge on how'd they'd look.....

I didn't like the shoulder size so made some little shoulder pieces to stick over the top that I could then shape.... a bit like shoulder armour...

After...

Some little bracelet thingys that i will likely put some spikes on, well because they seem to like spikes!!!

With arms we need some hands.... these are just fixed in a closed or holding position, again because the little only needs to hang about and not do much :D

simple palm and fingers....

20171013_192420_zpsiju0392n.jpg

Now the legs where made the same way as the arms, layered up, shaped with the dremel... here is a quick pic of them roughed out and next to one of the boots...

20171014_004748_zpsbpyu5u5q.jpg

This morning I just happened to wake up silly early so i got the dremmel out and shaped the hands, legs and feet...

20171014_132306_zpshypmkgh8.jpg

Then with dowels again just offered them up in place.....and maybe stuck a big piece of pipe in his hand.....

20171014_135934_zpsz7kow8r7.jpg

And then maybe drew a face on a piece of paper and stuck it on..... because I'm a bit of child!!!

20171014_140256_zps5u7jqioq.jpg

Got my foam delivery today, well part of it!!!

I didn't take a huge amount of pics doing the little head as i was on a mission to get it done.... I did it the same way was the legs and arms..... layered up some foam and hacked away at it before using the dremmel to finish it off.... once i had the basic shape i added some extra smaller pieces of foam to shape for the face.... the ears and nose where done separately then stuck on.... couple of pics.... not perfect but should do the job for what i want the little guy for....

Basic face shape....

20171016_184034_zpsawkexwiu.jpg

The head together....

20171016_202300_zps79h0admc.jpg

For now i have just used a dowel on the neck to hold the head on so i can take it off when I 'skin' the body.... I will get pics of that while I'm doing it....

20171016_205723_zpsbu2uwliz.jpg

20171016_205736_zpst4y6grwl.jpg

Ok so just a quick one, I started skinning the body with a stretchy 2mm thick fabric.... which covered the pretty nicely to be honest.... though i wasn't happy with the look and painting fabric is a nightmare... so after this i sprayed the fabric with a few layers of spray glue which when dry should look kind of skin like i hope... i wont really know until its undercoated.... looks promising so far :D

with a bit more done....

then the face with the glue coat.... I will undercoat from here likely tomorrow once the glue has really gone off.... Not happy with the feet as they lack definition so i may make some busted up shoes for him... requires some though.... anyway one of the head....

Not had a chance to much on this at all really and I still to finish off the little guy too! I'm half way through doing the skin tones on the Grot.... It's not perfect and i have a few bits to make for him still. Something along the lines of a backpack with some ammo or grenades....

What i have started doing is making the left arm with the Power Klaw based on the miniature... Its getting quite big quite fast! I'll hopefully get that wrapped up this week and then I'll finish off the trousers and belt so the whole bottom half will be finished. Some Power Klaw pics.... I used a little bit of artistic licence to change it up a bit

The basic shape:

now on the back side of the arm there is an exhaust so I am that first using PVC pipe and added some extra details with some Eva off cuts. There are also pistons on the Klaw which operate the claws. These again are just EVA and PVC pipe...

Exhaust:

and the pistons, to which i added some hydraulic ports....

and a quick "how heavy are you getting" test :)

The three claws are just four layers of EVA glued together and cut to shape.... these were then trimmed and tidied up to not look so messy :)

The other side of the Power Klaw just has a chunky plate on there with some big old bolt heads.... the mounts for the pistons are more visible there....

I got on with it a bit more today and forgot to take some extra pics but you can see it here with the claws on in a test fit to make sure everything fits up nicely. There are a couple of bits that need changing like where the pistons meet the claws.... just a couple of little bits.... There is a lot more detail to add to this yet which i will get on with tomorrow eve....

Its getting pretty big!...

more to follow :)

Cheers guys, moving along slowly but getting there.... kind of !!! :D

So added a few extra bits to the Power Klaw as per the miniature. Again its not bang on as I've changed it up a bit just to make it my own. So added a port on the base for the cables to fit into which will go back to what i'm guessing is the control/power unit which shall be attached to the belt once I've figured out an Orky way of doing it....

The three separate boxes (these need a lot of tidying up at the moment)....

All bosched together with little cable....

And this is where the cables go to and from... I've pulled a couple of pics off the web that I used as a guide... Once I've cleaned up the control box i will get it painted and mounted on the belt.... which also needs finishing off...

Finally got a chance to get some colour down on the Power Klaw..... base silvers went on before I get to the Bad Moonz colours and masking up. Primed in flat black then 3 layers of silver; Dark, light and 50/50 mix in the middle.... doesn't look too bad at the moment but lots of colour to layer in!!!

the other side!

more to follow!!!

Good God (or should that be Gork n' Mork) - this is awesome. Not only the amazing Warboss build, but a 1:1 Grot mannequin !!!

You should head over to Dakka Dakka and post this on there as well, they would go mad for it (I know I am...)

Did you mention anywhere what this build is for? One of the Comic cons maybe or something else?

Good God (or should that be Gork n' Mork) - this is awesome. Not only the amazing Warboss build, but a 1:1 Grot mannequin !!!

You should head over to Dakka Dakka and post this on there as well, they would go mad for it (I know I am...)

Did you mention anywhere what this build is for? One of the Comic cons maybe or something else?

I need to finish the Grot, I'm just waiting for a few bits to arrive.... As for what the build is for? I'm not totally sure yet.... I guess it will end up being for a Con!

Did some more on the Klaw today but didn't get as far as i wanted too.... I always forget how long it takes to remove the liquid masking! Still loads to do on this but the yellow is done, lots of weathering/tarnishing to do, along with the pistons and oil feed lines....

MIght try and get some more done on this tomorrow, then i can get on with the legs and trousers....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back