5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

Thanks Kokkari, dsp550 and joberg!!

Ok, making good progress here on the Engine Deck, it's pretty much done. First set of pics are the build up of the deck. This took a LOT of time pulling all the right parts, but I feel pretty good that this is about 99% accurate to the original as it was back in 1976.

SPECIAL THANKS for the ID help and overall support/help from Eagle1, Maruska, VFXSup67, GoldLeader and Tsophika!! Could not have got all these perfect details without you guys!!

Starting to get pretty thin on my parts trees though, but thankfully, almost all of this is original styrene kit parts! Has been a goal to use as much as possible on this thing.

So, here we go:

Initial parts going down
Deck02.jpg
Deck1.jpg
Deck2.jpg
Deck3.jpg
Deck4.jpg
Deck5.jpg
Deck6.jpg

Deck7.jpg

AND the final grouping/assembly of all the parts on the Engine Deck.

NOTE - the BF-109 struts on the engine shovels are not glued down yet, so they are not 'straight'. But, Speaking of straight, I deliberately made some of the shovels at the end crooked to try and match the crookedness of the original.
The KOOLSHADE in the one vent is a test, all 6 will have ORIGINAL classic KoolShade in them. Still have to get the little styrene chips installed on the vent rings too.

Deck26a.jpg
Deck26.jpg
Deck25.jpg
Deck24.jpg
Deck23.jpg
Deck22.jpg
Deck21.jpg
Deck20.jpg

And a couple more profiles - can't wait to put together the lower engine shovel plate, and get that nice little gap in there completed!
Deck27.jpg
Deck28.jpg

And an underside shot...

Deck29.jpg

Have a REALLY COOL setup for the FANs coming that will go inside the 6 discs, will mimic the original with a cool little twist!

Attachments

• Deck01.jpg
    Deck01.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
So this is where all the Sealabs went. LOL! I wouldn't be brave enough to do that! Looks awesome!

Joe

Last edited:
THANKS a TON fellas!!! Much appreciated as always!! It's definitely a big, challenging build, but it's also coming together very nicely with minor adjustments along the way.

Treadwell, it's actually the MPC 1/24 Hurricane underside wing cut up. (But the Shiden does offer up a few parts on the under side engine deck and in one of the front mandible pits.)

Joewhite, those Sealab parts fall under the 1% non-kit parts actually! The Sealab parts are all the wonderful casts from Salzo, he just did a little extra on those and 'tinted' them in Sealab Orange!!! SO, they make you feel like you're putting down parts of a $600 kit!

LeeS - I feel that way a lot of times when working on this monster!

Darkside, always appreciate it with the amazing things you've done!!

Tonight the top Jawbox got trimmed down and primered. I had not yet finished the 'height' of the side walls, and more material needed to come off tapering to the back, I just needed to get the plating down to find the proper spot it will go down. So what looked like a slight angle of the jawbox at the front, when looking at the side, it's now pretty parallel as it is on the original. Pics to follow in a few days.

Thanks again for the support!

Joewhite, those Sealab parts fall under the 1% non-kit parts actually! The Sealab parts are all the wonderful casts from Salzo, he just did a little extra on those and 'tinted' them in Sealab Orange!!! SO, they make you feel like you're putting down parts of a $600 kit!

I figured this may be the case, lol! Yeah, they look amazing! I have a kit but don't think I'll ever cut it up.....I'll just make copies of parts. Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Joe

Man, that build is giving me goose bumps every time I see the next update:cool...don't know how much more I can take:D

Cheers Fellas!! Thanks.

Quick mid week update - primered the jawbox, and finished the plating for the front/port quarter. Still have some styrene chips to add, but good to go. I'm most happy with the way the big Mclaren Cockpit tub/seat and the big Panther box came out into the plating. Was always worried about this area coming together, and it all fit seamlessly!

fwd1.jpg
fwd2.jpg
fwd3.jpg
fwd4.jpg
Added the piping, angles matched up pretty well.
fwd5.jpg

Mclaren and Panther part nicely fit!
fwd6.jpg

Well... you already know how much this build is stunning us Sean, simply incredible your progress & skill!. So happy to be sharing this build journey with you, ughhhhh...what can I say that hasn't been said before haha.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back