5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

Absolutely brilliant, another studio scale ANH falcon takes flight, as this is something I am currently squirreling away kits for this very same project.
Im late to the party as I’ve been busy , amazing build , great quality workmanship and thank you for sharing your progress. This will give the rest of us the drive to keep moving with our own .
I’ve plenty of questions but I’ll wait until I get my own underway

The case for this is going to be epic. I don't know how they transported the real one, but it's gotta be really heavy.

IMG_0572-1024x768.jpg

It kinda does, but I see the Route 1 decal above the cockpit and various other details and weathering that seem to indicate it's the big one.

Yeah, I've transported the 66" Enterprise and the 6' Galactica, but this is gonna take some extra 'boxing'. In a nutshell though, it'll be supported by the middle stand, and the docking ring pipes, so the trick will really be ensuring it can handle 'shock' of bumps on road. But all that's a ways out! :eek:

That looks like the smaller falcon to my eye. 32"? (don't break my arms, I haven't researched han's old hot rod in years) Either way that looks dangerous for the model.

Thanks again for the nice feedback! Here's some updates for ya. Almost done with the top Jawbox - lots of little parts and details on this one vs. the bottom. Then it'll be onto the maintenance bay pit installs, then the armor plating. Getting into the final stretch!!

First up are the guns - mostly done now, go into primer next.

gun1.jpg
gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

Base Jaw Box assembled, started front parts and styrene
TopJaw4a.jpg

TopJaw4b.jpg

Most parts down, need piping
TopJaw1.jpg
TopJaw2.jpg

The little bits here are TINY!

TopJaw5.jpg
Piping now installed
TopJaw11.jpg
TopJaw10.jpg
TopJaw9.jpg
TopJaw8.jpg
TopJaw7.jpg
TopJaw6.jpg
TopJaw13.jpg

So just have a few more parts to put on the jawbox, primarily some truck frames, a couple of armor parts for the front jaw and a few detail parts, then add a few more pipes/bits and the Jawbox will be done!

Attachments

• TopJaw12.jpg
    TopJaw12.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 497
I cannot wait to see it painted...the updates are always great (and the work stellar)! But my poor heart can take so much:D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back