5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

I would like to be the 185 th member you give you the feedback of an amazing work. I wish I was beware of it earlier.
Nearly finished with my convertion of a FineMolds ESB-style Falcon into a 5-footer (as much as I am able to) all those pictures would have been a fantastic help.
But they are still . . .

Superb build! I've got to ask, I'm also building a 5' although I've got 99.99% of the engine deck parts, I noticed you've managed to find a part that's been a mystery to me for what seems like forever, the part that sits in front of the Fokker gun, the cylindrical piece with the bits sticking out on each side. A pointer towards where to find this would be a massive help, understand if you can't though.
All the best with your awesome Falcon :thumbsup

Rich

You guys are awesome!! Thanks much for the kind comments!!

So got the acrylic cockpit tube on - the LAST big milestone of construction!! It went together quite nicely and looks just about right. After dry fitting/sanding, I then filled the remaining gap with some bondo. Then it'll get some primer, and the plating. She's starting to look like a complete Falcon! Very excited to get this area done, and keep moving on. Sparky70, I'll get back to ya!

Clear Tube dry fit test

Tube2.jpg
Tube3.jpg
Tube4.jpg

Sanded down and ready to be bonded.
Tube5.jpg
Tube6.jpg

Bonded down with some Bondo for the gaps.
Tube7.jpg
Tube8.jpg
Tube9.jpg

Whoa!!...there it is...the cockpit & tunnel, in place & yep...looking most awesome Sean!.
You got that fitting so we'll, no easy feat & one I'm dreading haha. Can't wait to see you plate over the Messer pit & complete that quarter, again you get it done so fast & clean!.

Thanks much guys!!! Appreciate it!

Just a very minor update, didn't get any build time in the last week, but these WONDERFULLY detailed 'fans' arrived this weekend. These are the ingenious creation of Maruska, who custom created them to meet the limited depth of my deck (I chose not to cut out the holes), and did some foreshortening to make the fans appear to have the correct depth. One is customized with the very funny 'fan' comment, the other 5 are the same amazing text! Thank You Maruska! What an amazing addition to this build!! (y)cheers
fan3.jpg
fan4.jpg

fan5.jpg
fan1.jpg
fan2.jpg

Looking great Sean! I read that you used some Bondo above. I’d like to suggest a product I have become ‘very’ fond of in my Large Excelsior build. You can see it in the reshaping of the bows on the Warp nacelles and Secondary hull. Now I use it in normal plastic modeling circumstances as well.
Apoxie Sculpt... it is a two part epoxy putty product or paste product that is also considered an adhesive. It will stick to anything without attacking it like a Bondo or standard putty product would. You can use water or a thinning product they have on your hands to form it and Sculpt it into seams and large gaps with ‘NO’ shrinkage. You can smooth it in to the point that you may leave yourself with little to no sanding.

btw, if you do end up needing to sand the Sculpt - it sands like a dream. The paste?... That stuff sets like stone and is a real bi-yatch to sand down.

I LOVE this stuff!

Tracy

Wow - look at that deck! LOVE all the detail - this is really looking amazing! The cockpit tube really does make the difference...

Dan

Thanks again fellas!
Tracy - Yeah, been using Apoxie Sculpt for years! You're right, it's a great product and does equally as good as Bondo. Depending on the project, I'll bounce between the products.

-Sean

This is a once in a life time build. I have discovered so many details about the 5 footer I have never noticed before and have implemented them on my Deago falcon build. Thanks so much for undertaking such an epic project and sharing the build process.

Thanks again for the kind comments!!!
Going on Hiatus for a few weeks here, so one more minor update. Got the Cockpit tube primed, and added the plating between the docking arm and the cockpit tube, and added the plating to the docking ring arm. Started on the plating on the other side towards the last 'pit'. So great to have things line up so well, a testament to the amazing blueprints Maruska and VFXSup64 put together!!
I also just mocked up one of the side resin inserts behind the cockpit in a few pics, so not the actual section that will go in there. Thanks again for looking!
Sean
FrontStb1.jpg

Mocked up sidewall behind cockpit, and plating overhang looking about right.
FrontStb2.jpg
FrontStb3.jpg
FrontStb4.jpg
FrontStb5.jpg
FrontStb6.jpg

FrontStb7.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back