2018 Hasbro Marvel Legends props?...

If that image alone doesn't make you want to buy Marvel Legends props, nothing will!
Its just too bad Mjölnir wasn't as nice looking.

I was looking at the hammer too but it did not impress me enough. There are other better ones out there, I think.
Finding a decent Iron Man helmet is tricky too.
Also, was looking at the 75th anniversary cap shield.. but the star looks too big on that one.
The metal looks awesome though!

I was looking at the hammer too but it did not impress me enough. There are other better ones out there, I think.
Finding a decent Iron Man helmet is tricky too.
Also, was looking at the 75th anniversary cap shield.. but the star looks too big on that one.
The metal looks awesome though!

The 75th anniversary shield is really nice. I've seen other metal ones more expensive than it, so it was definitely worth the money at the time. The plastic $100 shield would have been better if it was one solid piece.

If you're looking for Thor's hammer, check out some of the Chinese ones on ebay. I got one for about $150 that weights like 8 pounds and it's all metal.

Did anyone notice their center mind stone is a little dimmer than the rest of the lights?
The brightest lights being blue, purple and green

Also, I agree.. putting an on/off switch for the lights and sounds would bring this replica a whole step up.
Repainting and closing some seams as well. Though, for $86, I don't think you can't beat it.

Hot Toys has a sharper sculpt and better paint but I actually like the shape of the Legends better.
The Hot Toys' fingers look odd to me. Plus it is over $900

View attachment 801455

Yeah mine is dim. The yellow actually glows amber and is a little hard to differentiate from the orange

20180305_161527.jpg

20180305_184424.jpg

Did anyone notice their center mind stone is a little dimmer than the rest of the lights?
The brightest lights being blue, purple and green
I also noticed the mind stone is the dimmest. It's probably just a single LED like the rest of the stones, so it doesn't illuminate the greater size of that stone as well.

Minor quibble. Unless something has specifically stated it to be thus -- in which case I'll take issue with that -- that's the Soul stone in the middle. It's always been the last, and needed to tie the other five together. "Mind" is the pinkie in the MCU arrangement as we've seen it so far (including this item).

--Jonah

Minor quibble. Unless something has specifically stated it to be thus -- in which case I'll take issue with that -- that's the Soul stone in the middle. It's always been the last, and needed to tie the other five together. "Mind" is the pinkie in the MCU arrangement as we've seen it so far (including this item).

--Jonah

I agree. I'm still holding on to the belief that this arrangement is just for marketing materials and they'll switch up the final CGI and stick to the original SDCC arrangement.

The arrangement works fine. Power (purple), Space (Blue), Reality (red), Mind (orange), Time (green), Soul (yellow). If someone mislabeled them, that's on them. The movies seem to be following what I described.

The mind stone is yellow and the soul stone is orange. That's the way it is in the MCU. And the arrangement is consistent. Not sure where the discrepancy is

The Mind stone is the big yellow stone and the Soul stone is the orange stone on the pinky

- - - Updated - - -

Me and a buddy headed to Toys R Us during work today and I finally found a Star Lord helmet and he got an Infinity Gauntlet

IMG_20180313_125903_032.jpg

Adam Warlock doesn't show up until GOTG 3

I didn't say Warlock. Just Soul stone. There's too much yet we don't know about GOTG 3. 1 and 2 are both in 2014. Civil War, Homecoming, and Black Panther are all in 2016. GOTG 3 comes out after Avengers 4. Is it set after all that happens in IW and A4? Somewhere between GOTG 2 and all the 2016 stuff? Et cetera, et cetera. I find it entirely possible Thanos tracks it to the Sovereign, kicks butt, and takes the stone, Warlock is already gone, but we are left with more of a tease/lead-up to GOTG 3. Or something like that.

--Jonah

Just out of curiosity, when / if someone here repaints the Legends version of the Infinity Gauntlet, are you planning on going with the Metallic Red highlights around the Soul Gem and on the Thumb like it appeared in the Cut Scene of Age of Ultron? I started painting mine with this in mind but the Gauntlet in new Trailers doesn't seem to have those highlights.

E550B550-D636-4BD0-B246-F1203FD394A4.jpeg93E22CA2-9CF5-4B97-AB68-17C4B2F7EACF.jpeg28CCF7A6-A565-42B6-86E0-63517A2EB0B2.jpeg

Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet repaint... WIP, I think I need to go back and darken weathering here and there. Reference the SDCC Gauntlet instead of the Hot Toys one because I think the Hot Toys looks a little... bad.

This was $100 at Best Buy.. a few hours of painting. Suck it Hot Toys..

93E22CA2-9CF5-4B97-AB68-17C4B2F7EACF.jpeg

28CCF7A6-A565-42B6-86E0-63517A2EB0B2.jpeg

E550B550-D636-4BD0-B246-F1203FD394A4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Two more.. please forgive my poor photography skills.
79BF97ED-CE8B-407C-93F7-75C70DF7F134.jpeg 53F6D07E-C01D-478E-AFEB-38FD25AFC77E.jpeg

If anyone is curious... a sort of mini tutorial.
I started with a chrome gold base. (Gloss black, chrome, gold tint.)
Was that necessary? Probably not. The only place you can tell are the fingers. :lol
After that I did many layers of weathering using golds, bronze, copper, browns, and blacks.
The copper on the highlights there is Dr. Ph Martin Copper India Ink.
I’ve got to go over and re-weather the gold highlights, as well as shift the tones around a little. Add a little weathering here, take some away there, etc.
It’s about a six and a half hour paint job with a lot of area to cover. I would be willing to take commissions to repaint them if anyone wants this look but fair warning, it would be expensive.

The CGI film gauntlet just looks like gold with some washes on it, much like the Hot Toys. I think that could easily be done with a rattle can and some acrylics.

Last edited:
View attachment 803175View attachment 803173View attachment 803174

Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet repaint... WIP, I think I need to go back and darken weathering here and there. Reference the SDCC Gauntlet instead of the Hot Toys one because I think the Hot Toys looks a little... bad.

This was $100 at Best Buy.. a few hours of painting. Suck it Hot Toys..
Very nice. The weathering you did to the Stones themselves makes a huge difference. Excellent work.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work. Did you disassemble it?
Or just use masking Tape? I would like to try to repaint mine,but i‘m concerned about the Electronics.

Thanks everyone, glad people are digging it!

Amazing work. Did you disassemble it?
Or just use masking Tape? I would like to try to repaint mine,but i‘m concerned about the Electronics.

I masked the stones off with some silly putty, and covered the speaker vents with some tape from the inside. I would have preferred to mask the stones with a liquid latex mask but I didn’t want to wait for some to come in the mail.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back