2018 Hasbro Marvel Legends props?...

If you just display it on the shelf, does the clear section look lame unlit? Those parts on clear on the real helmet, I know they made them clear just so they could put in the "charging up the suit effect", but I wonder how it looks with out the lights on. I guess you could paint over it, sorry just curious what other people think.

I think they look fine with the lights off. I had considered painting over the clear parts black. If there's a way to make it light up purple, then that'd be better. If they'd made all the lit areas accurate to the movie, then half the helmet would have to be clear. So that design choice makes sense, just not it being blue.

I've taken apart the outer shell of the helmet. Just unscrewed all the screws from the inside of it to remove the face and the sides.

I popped out the silver lenses from the visor. The quickest solution I had on hand was to spray paint some computer fan grill with metallic silver paint.* I couldn't find any actual metal perforated sheet that looked right.

* Or just use a silver sharpie. That would have saved me some unnecessary time and effort.

I'm thinking maybe color the LED bulbs with a red sharpie or nail polish to try and get purple? There's ten LEDs on the helmet.

So that's two things I hate about it easily fixed so far.

15q4sat.jpg

Last edited:
Got my hands on one of these new Black Panther helmets - While it might not be 110% accurate to the movie it is still a pretty damn nice prop to have on display. Still think I'm going to 3D Print myself one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
So painting the LEDs or using gel sheets doesn't work. A pack of 100 LEDs on Amazon is like $7, so that's the only option left to fix the helmet. Just buy some purple ones and replace them.

If anyone's wondering why the the helmet is so big... There's about an inch of space between the main structure of the helmet and the outer shell.

Got my hands on one of these new Black Panther helmets - While it might not be 110% accurate to the movie it is still a pretty damn nice prop to have on display. Still think I'm going to 3D Print myself one soon.

https://youtu.be/ksV1JKWvFWw
Your reviews have helped me decide whether or not to get the previous Legends props. It's cool to see you on here! You need to replace the Iron Man helmet. The sensitivity on it is way off. The first one I got was like that too and I exchanged it.

Last edited:
Thanks man, yeah been hanging around here for a long while since my old YouTube channel/pepakura days.

I forgot to comment on how the lights should have been purple and not blue.

Man that iron iron man bucket is non stop going off if I touch it.

Anyone hoping to get the Tesseract today, it's already out of stock. I only just got the email from Hasbro two hours ago that the SDCC exclusives were available.

Mine did the same thing.

Started taking it apart to see if the problem could at least be visibly identified, but the way the inner parts overlap and go together was too much of a headache. Futzing with the thumb will lock it back into an upright position, but it 'breaks' again when you flex it. It's like there is a track it slips out of. Something tells me a dismantle+mod is going to be necessary on these things after used a lot...

RE: just a suggestion to those talking about LED replacement(s)..

1.) What 'purple' leds are you talking? Are they UV? if so be careful with them.. (I dont think I'd use them around my eyes at all)..

2.) Better to check what color is there currently.. and what current/forward voltage your new leds need!.. You dont want t burn anything out..

example..certain colors (red for example) take a much lower forward voltage than say blue leds to...etc)... make sure you use the correct resistor!

youre better off using computer fan grills wwaaaaayyyy safer for both your hands and eyes the metal ones are a pain great job on the eyes!

Any word on what new props they will be rolling out this year?

It looks like they are rereleasing caps shield and Iron Man MK3 helmet based on some preorders I’ve seen on a few sites. But haven’t found anything else.

I might try to see if I can swing a ticket for NYC Toyfaire

I wouldn't be surprised if this year they do Captain Marvels space helmet (the one her hair comes out the top). They have linked a lot of their releases to the movies coming out that year.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back