2018 Hasbro Marvel Legends props?...

Just picked up the Infinity Gauntlet from Best Buy for $99 minus my $15 reward points. Free shipping so that makes it an even $84 plus tax. Picking it up next Thursday!

Will the Black Panther helmet be available in stores on August 1st or is that there shipping date from amazon? I remember when the gauntlet came out the link was available on Hasbro a couple weeks before release...would anyone have the link or sku # for brickseek?

Im hoping for a Spider Man mask. I could see Hasbro either including different sets of eyes or led eyes if its an Iron spider mask.

Keeping within the price points they usually sell for I would imagine if they kept this line going we could probably see

Eye of agamotto, lights up, opening eye, etc
web shooters, lights up ( Spider signal ), sounds.
CA Stealth shield ( honestly surprised this hasnt popped up yet )
long shot would be ant mans helmet, either the original or the new one.
I would assume we get another iteration of iron mans helmet.

Just trying to think within their boundaries of supply and demand. the infinity gauntlet was out of left field but a great choice. there hasn't been any indication of this line slowing down so I imagine we'll get some reveals at comic con

Here's the first review of the Black Panther helmet

https://youtu.be/79jvgnAdkYY

If I keep it when it arrives, I'm probably not going to put batteries in and leave the eyes open at all times. More areas of it should light up and not blue. Maybe I'll paint over the lights to blacken them. Hopefully it won't be too hard to remove the eyes and replace them with metal mesh.

Last edited:
It does look a little big, but that could be because the person presenting the review is a bit smaller than Chadwick Boseman? I had the opportunity to see the screen used helmet in person, and even that one appeared to be a bit larger than I had expected. We won't really know for sure until we can get our hands on the Marvel Legends helmet next month.
IMG_3043.JPG

Just got my hands on my 2nd Infinity Gauntlet. Snagged it for $75 from Gamestop over the weekend who was having a 25% off sale on all of their toys/collectibles if you bought a bag for $7 (super random)

Cant believe I happened to find another. I'm going to do a video on repainting this second one over on my youtube channel.

Side note... watched that Black Panther helmet video... going to still get it but man am I less impressed with it after watching that video

How is everyone doing the acrylic washes on their gauntlet? Is there a ratio of wash to water ? A certain brush or sponge?
Please help!

Good friend.

I've seen a couple of videos now on it and I've warmed up to it more. It's basically the same in concept as the Tesseracts you can make yourself or find on ebay, except much better.

I wish someone could make a Tesseract out of blue quartz or something. Not dissimilar from like psychic/spiritualist crystals, just as a cube.

Picked up the Black Panther helmet today. I'm happy with it overall, but there are a few things about it I would have liked them to do differently. The buttons for the effects stick out way too far, and it would have been nice to have perforated holes in the front part of the mouth instead of the big slots around the nose. Also the elastic system they use to hold the helmet on makes it nearly impossible to wear it without exposing the elastic band. Also, the lights are bright blue. Given the movie effects were purple, this is disappointing.
IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3115.JPG

Other than that, it's hard to beat for the money. The engraved designs are very well done, and it seems to match the size of the other two helmets they have released.

IMG_3110.JPGIMG_3112.JPG

Picked up the Black Panther helmet today. I'm happy with it overall, but there are a few things about it I would have liked them to do differently. The buttons for the effects stick out way too far, and it would have been nice to have perforated holes in the front part of the mouth instead of the big slots around the nose. Also the elastic system they use to hold the helmet on makes it nearly impossible to wear it without exposing the elastic band. Also, the lights are bright blue. Given the movie effects were purple, this is disappointing.
View attachment 834537View attachment 834538View attachment 834539

Other than that, it's hard to beat for the money. The engraved designs are very well done, and it seems to match the size of the other two helmets they have released.

View attachment 834540View attachment 834541
still looks pretty cool.....

Just got the Tesseract and Red Skull off ebay. Brand new for $60 w/ free shipping. Took a while to find someone not scalping it for $100. I'll be selling the action figure and the box.

The effect created by the texture that's on the inside actually looks cool in person. It looks great lit up, just more of a deeper blue than the movies. It's a little annoying having to take it apart each time to turn it on. But it stays lit for several minutes at a time, or you can long-press the button to have it stay on indefinitely. The clear case both protects and holds the cube together. It stays together fine outside the case unless you hold just one of the halves of the cube.

Unfortunately mine arrived with a few isolated scratches on the tesseract itself. These must have been from the factory. The clear case is perfect and the cube was covered in the original paper so it was untouched. They're only noticeable when it's turned off.

Last edited:
Just got the Black Panther helmet. I never liked this helmet much because of how inaccurate the lights and eyes are. I still wanted to get my hands on it. Figured maybe I would like it enough and keep it.

The level of detail is great and the quality is on par with the Star Lord helmet.

The big problem with the helmet is the back piece cannot stay closed. I can squeeze it together when wearing it but it doesn't click into place like the back of the Star Lord or Iron Man helmets. The elastic is always exposed. Actually, if you break off the rubber eye piece, it should come pretty close. I also don't like how far recessed your face is from the front of the helmet. It looks odd when the eyes are flipped up. That's another thing. Why does the button for the eyes stick out so far from the helmet but the button for the lights is flat? The button resets without needing to stick out so much.

I have the Killerbody helmet. It's great but only meant for heads 23 inches or smaller. The Hasbro helmet is a better value at half the cost. It just sucks that it looks oversized yet it doesn't fit any one's head if the back is always open.

Edit: I broke off the eyepiece. The helmet does infact stay almost closed now. There's just a very thin gap now. I then added a couple of pieces of velcro so now it's 100% shut. I can now take the helmet on and off without it opening at all. Any one with a smaller head than me should have little problem. It's also more comfortable without the eyepiece.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back