2018 Hasbro Marvel Legends props?...

I ordered this version because the Hot Toys version was a little too rich for my blood. Is anybody going to doing a repainting run on these? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants a better paint finish but doesn't have the skills to do it.

I ordered this version because the Hot Toys version was a little too rich for my blood. Is anybody going to doing a repainting run on these? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants a better paint finish but doesn't have the skills to do it.

I will be repainting and posting one as soon as I can get my hands on one. Just have to catch it while it’s in stock.

You can see some of my paint work at Instagram.com/JackRupert133

I am pretty confident I can nail the hot toys paint job if that’s what people are wanting.

I will be repainting and posting one as soon as I can get my hands on one. Just have to catch it while it’s in stock.

You can see some of my paint work at Instagram.com/JackRupert133

I am pretty confident I can nail the hot toys paint job if that’s what people are wanting.

I went to check and I already follow you on IG, lol

Stalked brickseek for the past few days and was finally able to score one from Walmart...couldn’t get in online in time since they never announced the time they would go on sale and I refuse to pay resale on eBay for one.

This thing is freakin' awesome! The paintjob actually looks quite decent in person.
28619408_1717563841634303_7823155378563069136_o.jpg

Just got mine today. It's great. Manipulating the fingers becomes kind of second nature after a while. I think for a child it may be too big. I just wish it had an on/off switch or a lights-only mode. The sound effects haven't become annoying to me yet though. As soon as you move a finger it turns back on. I think the battery cover should be on the inside, but it's not as big of a dealbreaker as it was for me on the Hasbro Stormtrooper helmet.

Just got mine today. It's great. Manipulating the fingers becomes kind of second nature after a while. I think for a child it may be too big. I just wish it had an on/off switch or a lights-only mode. The sound effects haven't become annoying to me yet though. As soon as you move a finger it turns back on. I think the battery cover should be on the inside, but it's not as big of a dealbreaker as it was for me on the Hasbro Stormtrooper helmet.
This may not be a smart idea, but I actually clipped the speaker from mine and the lights still work. The teardown is easy compared to the Star-Lord mask when people started modding those.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Two things...

First, regarding the INfinity Gauntlet, I notice the Power and Space stones are in the same locations as in the trailer. The Soul stone in the middle is kind of a given, as it ties the others together. I'm curious if the placement of the other three indicates the sequence in which Thanos acquires them, or if he has predetermined slots for them. I say this because it would mean he gets the Reality stone after we see hiim get the Tesseract from Loki -- but he doesn't have the red one there for the stuff in the trailer where he's on Earth, which is where and when I am assuming he gets the Mind and Time stones. So my mind is whirling with possibilities and I hate that I have to wait another month and a half to find out.

Second thing is... While the toy is cool and all, has anyone heard even a whisper of a Legends edition of Stormbreaker?

--Jonah

Two things...

First, regarding the INfinity Gauntlet, I notice the Power and Space stones are in the same locations as in the trailer. The Soul stone in the middle is kind of a given, as it ties the others together. I'm curious if the placement of the other three indicates the sequence in which Thanos acquires them, or if he has predetermined slots for them. I say this because it would mean he gets the Reality stone after we see hiim get the Tesseract from Loki -- but he doesn't have the red one there for the stuff in the trailer where he's on Earth, which is where and when I am assuming he gets the Mind and Time stones. So my mind is whirling with possibilities and I hate that I have to wait another month and a half to find out.

Second thing is... While the toy is cool and all, has anyone heard even a whisper of a Legends edition of Stormbreaker?

--Jonah

No. And so far they've only done two of these things a year. The Gauntlet and Panther's helmet this time around.

The Hasbro gauntlet is nice, but the finish is not as shiny as the HT one. I wonder if I can improve on it by airbrushing a coat of Future Floor Polish over it to give it that sheen.

Did anyone notice their center mind stone is a little dimmer than the rest of the lights?
The brightest lights being blue, purple and green

Also, I agree.. putting an on/off switch for the lights and sounds would bring this replica a whole step up.
Repainting and closing some seams as well. Though, for $86, I don't think you can't beat it.

Hot Toys has a sharper sculpt and better paint but I actually like the shape of the Legends better.
The Hot Toys' fingers look odd to me. Plus it is over $900

IMG_20180303_215834_435.jpg

I also noticed the mind stone is the dimmest. It's probably just a single LED like the rest of the stones, so it doesn't illuminate the greater size of that stone as well.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back