Vintage Graflex D Ring find: Thoughts?

slothfurnace

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all

Came across these vintage D rings still in their folded clips. Seems like these would have been the easiest to attach to the graflex back in the day. Meaning, you wouldn't have had to taken the D rings and clips off the camera box, fold the clip around, and then drill out the other side so the holes line up.

drings.jpg

Seems like it would have been the easiest solution. Thoughts?

Hey slothfurnace ! Could you take a photo of those D-Rings with/ laid on the end of a GRAFLEX please?

I saw those in trooper 's link months ago but never pulled the trigger because I got burned on a GRAFLEX case with D-Rings that were way too small. Now it seems they're all gone. I'm curious now to see how close they are to movie size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @slothfurnace ! Could you take a photo of those D-Rings with/ laid on the end of a GRAFLEX please?

I saw those in @trooper 's link months ago but never pulled the trigger because I got burned on a GRAFLEX case with D-Rings that were way too small. Now it seems they're all gone. I'm curious now to see how close they are to movie size.

Sure, as soon as the next batch come in, I'll take some photos like you describe. I'll sit one on my folmer.

Good thinking - these props were slapped together out of sheer coincidence.

Are these vintage clips from clothing or something?

Hmm... I didn't realise you could buy d-rings with the clips already attached, but now that I look they're all over eBay! Thanks for posting this, slothfurnace - I'll definitely be buying one for my metal scratchbuild. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back