Finished with lights :Shocker Gauntlet: Spiderman Homecoming Build.

Malibu139

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a Shocker gauntlet project I am working on. Haven't seen much on this character so I thought I would throw this out there.
A couple years back I made some Crossbones gauntlets for a crossbones build
I was asked to turn:
This 2016-02-29_07-55-41_668.jpg into this gold puncher.jpg

The bones are the same and with a couple tweaks I thought it would be a really cool repurposing , just like the movie.
It needed to be a shinier silver and I had to find a gold color that would pop on foam.
Did some spray outs and landed on Rustolium titanium silver and Testors Inca gold.

Once I had the colors worked out I got to making it.:
spiderman g 2.jpgspiderman g.jpggauntlet.jpgprogress.jpg

It progressed pretty quickly to the sealing and painting

progress2.jpgprogress3.jpgprogress4.jpg

I am almost complete and have some more pics just need to get them saved and uploaded when I get the time. Will update this soon with more progress.

2016-02-29_07-55-41_668.jpg

gold puncher.jpg

spiderman g 2.jpg

spiderman g.jpg

gauntlet.jpg

progress.jpg

progress2.jpg

progress3.jpg

progress4.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome, always really loved shockers gautnlet in the film and was surprised it didn't get more love. Gonna try for my own version soon

This is awesome, always really loved shockers gautnlet in the film and was surprised it didn't get more love. Gonna try for my own version soon

Thanks! I feel the same about this gauntlet and crossbones. if you need any help let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks really great! Do you have any templates or did you just freehand it?

Thanks, I have a couple templates for the puncher and some of the larger details, but I just used a generic base gauntlet and built the detail around it.

@Malibu139: Thanks for sharing this awesome project!
Will you make the costume as well?
Thanks George! Appreciate that comment.
It wasn't for me, but the fellow I made it for did the whole costume, and it was awesome.
if I ever make another for someone I am definitely going to double up and make one for myself and do the whole kit.

Thanks George! Appreciate that comment.
It wasn't for me, but the fellow I made it for did the whole costume, and it was awesome.
if I ever make another for someone I am definitely going to double up and make one for myself and do the whole kit.
Any pics of this full costume? Sounds awesome

I was going to put together a "real world" version of the Shocker based on a design by artist called "Blast Attak". I planned to put this together in time for NYCC. Then after I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming and the HUGE disservice Shocker was given, I decided to scrap the whole idea.

marvel_shocker_redesign_wip_by_blastattak-d4e4x4f.jpg
This is the concept by Blast Attk.

ShockerRW.jpg
Here is what my "Homecoming" version would've consisted of. More of a "real world" put together costume, along with a motorcycle.:)

Last edited:
there are some of the complete costume, he did great on the rest of it, and it was/is fantastic. He is on this forum maybe he will see this thread and post some up.
Is there anyway you could ask him to maybe post some pics on this thread? I'd really like to see what he designed.:)

Sorry for the very late reply, man but thanks! I don’t go on RPF too much. The vest hoodie is from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072DRL55B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BAdDAbYC56V30). It’s not the most screen accurate, but it gets the job done—a sleeveless vest hoodie. The one used in the film has some sort of special collar to it which I think is sick. I grabbed as much reference photos I could—screen grabs, etc, to copy the orange accents he has on the front of the vest (there are none on the back). I mixed two colors of orange paint to get a brighter orange like in the film. I used tape to paint the lines/accents.

Now, the hardest part was finding the yellow quilted jacket that make for the sleeves underneath. I was lucky and found a female (haha) John Partidge jacket on eBay that fit me perfectly and happened to be yellow. They make quilted jackets and seem to be the right material for what you wanna go for. You don’t want nylon, etc. And the diamond pattern is just the right size. When I was looking at other options, the diamonds were either too small or too big but this jacket will do. Just checked and you’re in luck. There’s one on eBay right now (https://m.ebay.com/itm/John-Partrid...hash=item5901800a5f:m:mrAMjcVwYagmrvQbYHdkxBg). It’s an XS which fit me (I’m about 5’8”.) (Also, I could never ID the jacket used in the film. I do know that it’s a bomber jacket but they might’ve died it yellow themselves)

The pants are from Target. Regular joggers/sweatpants. You want them in navy. But these were nice because you want them to be a bit snug and not too baggy, like in the film. (https://www.target.com/p/men-s-flee...3/-/A-52514051#lnk=sametab&preselect=52474041) Same thing with the orange stripes—used tape to put on the lines on both sides using the same shade of orange I used on the vest. Also, you should hem the bottom so that they break a little bit, but land right on top of your boot.

He wears some some sort of light brown leather boot I couldn’t ID, but I just used my old Clark’s desert boots. Those should do the trick.

Here are the gloves (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZDNHCI2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fKdDAbG19N8XQ). Not screen accurate but you just want black leather, fingerless.

Towards the end once everything was painted and tailored, I grabbed cans of grey and black spray paint and tried to make it look weathered all around so that was a nice touch.

I think thats it! Was a fun project that took me a couple of months but I thought it turned out great. Lemme know if you have questions!

Last edited:
Hey man...these are totally awesome! Did you use switches for the LEDs and if so what type? I've been playing with making LEDs and the only thing that's gone wrong are the switches...just not sure which ones are best!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back