1:1 scale imperial probe droid

Thanks guys...so, the modelling/painting/weathering is all done! :)

Here's the finished head with all the lenses/greeblies etc.

20171129_144940.jpg 20171129_145007.jpg 20171129_145018.jpg

The head mounted on the droid

20171129_144225.jpg20171129_144312.jpg20171129_144323.jpg20171129_144340.jpg

And the fully operational droid

20171129_144052.jpg

Now onto the animatronic stuff. I'm going for a tech upgrade on the ESB version...strikes me that a probe droid would have more search lights,cameras and stuff. So although not strictly cannon, I want it to be more interactive than just the one light. It will still look the same in 'sentry' mode i.e. black lenses etc but I want most of the eyes having some appearance of functionality with flashing/alarms/beams and cool stuff

Attachments

• 20171129_144052.jpg
    20171129_144052.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 434
That is (expletive deleted) EPIC! I can't believe how awesome that is. When you add all those other non-canon electronics it is just going to be unbelievable. This is some of the BEST work I've seen on this forum. I am so (expletive deleted) jealous! I'm not worthy!!!!

I've been following this thread for a while now, like others have said one of the best on here in a while. Please tell me you are going to make this available to the public some how (cast kit, selling your stl's, something), it's a thing of beauty, and I can safely say we all want one..

I must have missed the last few posts and was only thinking yesterday , Probe Droid's gone quiet? but it was me.

Looking amazing now it's all together :) Just outstanding and I'm a droid kinda guy.

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask you about one thing though? I think one or two of the "eyes" are sticking out to far? it might be worth checking.
"If" that's the case it's a quick fix. If not leave it and I'll still nominate it for best build this year.

Ha we should have awards :)

hmmm...not sure if the eyes are sticking out too much or it's the angle of the pix. There are a lot of conflicting ref pix and models, so hard to be precise. 'Idealised' will have to be the term. To be honest I think I'm too far down the road to change anything now. :facepalm I'm nearly ready to shoot some video of it completed with lights/sounds and motion

Thanks for the kind words...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back