Best Blade Runner Blaster

what was a bit weird to me is that the pictures on the ebay listing have the amber grips really smaler than the metal grip structure everytime. Is it a default of the sidkits or is it just that picture?
sidkit.jpg

ok so this is actually too much metal then, not not enough plastic. if that's it, then it's ok.

ok so this is actually too much metal then, not not enough plastic. if that's it, then it's ok.

I'm holding my sid grip-frame right now, and to get the fit absolutely flush & seamless would require taking the frame down in a few places, and also sanding one of the grips down in places. It definitely shows that they're hand-made, but then again my most recent Tomen kit (which is die-cast) has fitment issues with the grips that are even worse... To me, it's just par for the course with a kit.

ok, thanks for the explanation, it makes sense. I also adjusted both the plastic and the metal on my Tomen kit. I just thought the corner of the plastic grip was a lit low here but I guess it's totally possible to make it work.
cheers guys :)

First off, thanks for all of the information! So, I've been thinking about how it would be completely awesome to have a firing Blade Runner Blaster. Does anybody have any info about how I can maybe assemble one of these?

First off, thanks for all of the information! So, I've been thinking about how it would be completely awesome to have a firing Blade Runner Blaster. Does anybody have any info about how I can maybe assemble one of these?

Veektohr has a thread detailing the build of a real-parts firearm version but, unless you live in the US and have firearm permits and engineering skills and thousands to spend and years to devote to sourcing parts then the answer is almost certainly “don’t even think about it”.

Where you based?

Veektohr has a thread detailing the build of a real-parts firearm version but, unless you live in the US and have firearm permits and engineering skills and thousands to spend and years to devote to sourcing parts then the answer is almost certainly “don’t even think about it”.

Where you based?

I am in the US and we can own almost anything in my state.

this is Michele from italie, ex partner from the sidkit blasters. search for it on the "old and new blaster" thread to make your opinion on him and generally online for the history of that guy and his blasters ;)

Guys BE CAREFUL! This is not Michelle, ex partner of SidKit! There was a thread here that explain all.
Be careful from bad recast! If you need to contact the REAL Michelle let me know and I’ll put you in the right direction!

Hey, thank you for your answer, we discussed that, and yeah it surfaced this guy was a scammer of the worse sort. I really fell into his trap and my vision of Michelle's work was diminished because of that. Again, I need to say that I'm sorry for that, I really fell for that guy's lies and I'm ashamed...
Didn't you guys manage to do something about this guy stealing your work? cannot you at least talk to ebay and explain the situation? this guy is even taking the name and the story of Michelle and Sidero, it's really bad. He is selling some of his blaster for as much as 600€ and as you can see, in my case I thought it was a sidkit and because of that and the poor quality of his cast, I thought the sidkits were bad.
I hope you guys manage to report that guy and do something about it. good luck :thumbsup

Hey, thank you for your answer, we discussed that, and yeah it surfaced this guy was a scammer of the worse sort. I really fell into his trap and my vision of Michelle's work was diminished because of that. Again, I need to say that I'm sorry for that, I really fell for that guy's lies and I'm ashamed...
Didn't you guys manage to do something about this guy stealing your work? cannot you at least talk to ebay and explain the situation? this guy is even taking the name and the story of Michelle and Sidero, it's really bad. He is selling some of his blaster for as much as 600€ and as you can see, in my case I thought it was a sidkit and because of that and the poor quality of his cast, I thought the sidkits were bad.
I hope you guys manage to report that guy and do something about it. good luck :thumbsup

I am really sorry of your bad experience. Now I understand why you was tough with me. Me and Sarednab are trying to stop "formiche"; this is the user name he uses on rpf, also called "di-tutto" that is his user id on ebay. So please do a "tam, tam" and recommend the other members about "formiche" in this way the probability he steals other money to other members will be reduced.Formiche connets everyday on rpf forum, he is like a "serial recaster" he waits with patience the next "collector victim". Example: when he reads someone speaks good about sidkit he directly contacts him to sell his craps. Also he has some friends that helped him on mass recasting and they are from different sources, this is why me and sarednab decided to sell our products on rpf only. But it seems formiche tries to recruit someone here too.We thought the best way to unmask "formiche" is talk about him to more collectors is possible.
Thanks, Michelle.

Thanks for you message Michelle. Talking about him is good for sure, at least so the people of the rpf are aware of him. But something should also be done with his website and his ebay account I think.
On the website, he is actually taking your identity, this is totally ilegal and can be reported to the police. for ebay, I think you can explain the situation to ebay.
good luck :thumbsup

edit: when you say you are only selling on the rpf, can you confirm that Comprarobe on ebay is selling in your name, or he is not?
thanks

Thanks for you message Michelle. Talking about him is good for sure, at least so the people of the rpf are aware of him. But something should also be done with his website and his ebay account I think.
On the website, he is actually taking your identity, this is totally ilegal and can be reported to the police. for ebay, I think you can explain the situation to ebay.
good luck :thumbsup

edit: when you say you are only selling on the rpf, can you confirm that Comprarobe on ebay is selling in your name, or he is not?
thanks

Yes, comprarobe is the REAL Michelle ebay user!

Wow, it's almost been a year since I've been on this thread. Thank you all for the information. I think I took an inch and went a mile because I've decided to do something crazy. I'm probably going to search out and find the original parts used to make the original blaster. Very daunting task!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back