Blade Runner 2049 Dr. Ana Stelline's Hologram Controller

I too listened to the Still Untitled podcast and was disappointed when Adam said it was entirely custom. I have some hopefully higher quality stills I can post tonight when I get home from work

I too listened to the Still Untitled podcast and was disappointed when Adam said it was entirely custom. I have some hopefully higher quality stills I can post tonight when I get home from work

I plan to make an accurate replica of the controller when I have time and money. But I also have an idea to construct my own that's a little less expensive and custom milled. Adam Savage said in the podcast that the character herself designed and customized certain aspects of the controller. So it's not too much of a stretch that other memory creators also do the same. And I would like to make a version just using lens and collar pieces that would be my own memory controller. It would be awesome to see others on this thread design and create their own versions as well as movie accurate replicas of the controller.

Last edited:
I plan to make an accurate replica of the controller when I have time and money. But I also have an idea to construct my own that's a little less expensive and custom milled. Adam Savage said in the podcast that the character herself designed and customized certain aspects of the controller. So it's not too much of a stretch that other memory creators also do the same. And I would like to make a version just using lens and collar pieces that would be my own memory controller. It would be awesome to see others on this thread design and create their own versions as well as movie accurate replicas of the controller.

That’s a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, here are the images:

Device1.jpgDevice2.jpgDevice3.jpgDevice4.jpgDevice5.jpgDevice6.jpgDevice7.jpgDevice8.jpg

I am also looking into some GIFs of the motion of the device in use but those will take a little longer.

"10 - 30 VR"

Nikon based? They use the term "VR" for image stabilization/vibration reduction on their lenses.

Thanks for the pics. You posted two of the props I was thinking of after seeing the movie yesterday. I knew I saw labels/decals/stickers on the memory cylinder (that told me it was made by hand the old school way) and was trying desperately to describe the wooden box with the colored typewriter keys in another thread. Gold star for you kiddo!

I need Wallace's button box soooo bad....... wait, that didn't sound right... but you know what I mean!

There was no way that was a CGI prop, the CU's in the film were too perfect and i'd wager it would've cost more in CGI time to get it right with erratic hand movements of the actor than to just make it practically.

It looks to me to be a kit bash of old cine lens rings from different zoom lenses. The silver ring 10-30mm on one side and on the other what looks to be possibly an 18mm-300mm ring. Gonna be incredible difficult to replicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely has Nikkor elements

DSC_7679_DxOsmall.jpg

Last edited:
There was no way that was a CGI prop, the CU's in the film were two perfect and i'd wager it would've cost more in CGI time to get it right with erratic hand movements of the actor than to just make it practically.

It was an entirely practical functioning prop. Adam Savage has handled the device and talks about it in the recent Tested podcast. (warning - spoilers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks krietsch! What an awesome piece of art! Looks like the design was slightly simplified for the movie (mainly the end pieces) but the interior rings are almost exact and the general layout didn't change at all it seems

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back