Blade Runner 2049 Dr. Ana Stelline's Hologram Controller

So your signature “Industry contact level: Zero” is just a cover story? :lol

No, sadly nothing like that I'm afraid. I'm not in the industry or anything like. I'm just a normal guy. I didn't even fill any of that stuff when I joined up here last week. I only registered so I could add a couple of comments on the Tomenosuke blaster issue because I knew a little bit of the background, such as it was.

When it made its first appearance on screen, I sat forward and really tried to focus on the prop. One thing I noticed on a close up was some of the lettering was a label or decal. Lettering on camera parts are stamped for the most part. But, my eye saw a sticker with red lettering during one of the close up shots.

The actual prop could be some found parts, some fabricated parts sprinkled with a little CGI.

When it made its first appearance on screen, I sat forward and really tried to focus on the prop. One thing I noticed on a close up was some of the lettering was a label or decal. Lettering on camera parts are stamped for the most part. But, my eye saw a sticker with red lettering during one of the close up shots.

The actual prop could be some found parts, some fabricated parts sprinkled with a little CGI.

We need stills and screen shots STATUM. And if there are CG enhancements to the prop, it would be incredible to get ahold of some in computer models.

If no one beats me to it, I'll attempt to post some screen shots late tonight. Approximately where in the run time is the item of interest?

not sure exactly when in the time span, but there are several shots of a forest and a closeup of a bug before the prop is shown, so look out for those things

- - - Updated - - -

Also i would need to see it again but it was extremely well done if it were CG, which i don't think it was (especially since the prop is hanging on the characters neck for most of the scene, if i recall correctly)

Perhaps the prop itself was actually built, but the spinning motion of the rings was done with CG? that seems more likely than the entire thing being digital.

If no one beats me to it, I'll attempt to post some screen shots late tonight.
Approximately where in the run time is the item of interest?

The scene in question begins right after K travels to the orphanage and comes back and talks with Joi about discovering the wooden horse and his memory being real. It then cuts to the holographic forest where we first see Ana and her controller.

There we go. About halfway through the movie. I hope this helps.
HologramControl.jpgKeythingy.png

Last edited:
Hey, Irven. Would it be possible for you to message me the individual photos instead of the whole collage. What ever you can do. Thank you so much again!!

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed to be practical (and 100% custom made) by adam savage on the newest tested podcast, time stamp is 51:25

https://youtu.be/o5Gw3cAh41A

- - - Updated - - -

Oh awesome! Thanks irken, nice to have some pictures!

Are you talking about 'Still Untitled', or a different podcast put out by Tested?

DarthXeladier, I can msg the pictures, but the collage images are at full (crappy) resolution so you won't get extra detail. It will have to wait until tomorrow if you decide that you still want them.

Are you talking about 'Still Untitled', or a different podcast put out by Tested?

For those who haven't seen this, here's a transcript of our Adam's words on the subject. This means there's a physical prop out there somewhere which may be shown or exhibited sometime for us to get more details.

"I got to handle that device in Doug Harlocker's prop room and let me tell you, it was entirely practical".
"That was entirely custom built by Doug and a mechanical genius on his crew, or somebody he hired, came in and did all the linkages so that it could expand and contract like a concertina with all the buttons so the actress could add her own thing to it and make it do different turns".

Last edited by a moderator:
There we go. About halfway through the movie. I hope this helps.
View attachment 765201View attachment 765202

Thanks for the pics. You posted two of the props I was thinking of after seeing the movie yesterday. I knew I saw labels/decals/stickers on the memory cylinder (that told me it was made by hand the old school way) and was trying desperately to describe the wooden box with the colored typewriter keys in another thread. Gold star for you kiddo!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back