NorthProds

Hey, thanks for clicking! I just wanted to know where to buy the best Han Solo blaster. This has been an itch for a very long time, and I want to scratch it lol. I LOVE STAR WARS!!!

It really depends what you would be satisfied with.

Licensed?
Custom kit set?
Plastic?
Metal?
3D print?
Screen accurate?

You should clarify a bit more. Or just go to eBay/Etsy/Junkyard (on RPF) and search for "han solo blaster" or "dl-44".

I have a Master Replicas Han Solo blaster. Metal parts, quite inaccurate, comes with display stand and plexi-cover. Costs a small fortune today on the aftermarket, though.

Biggest question though is, what is your budget? A Han Solo Blaster can be had for as little as $20 to over a $1,000+.
You can get a cheap toy from Rubies and do a repaint. Not real accurate though.
There are a lot of resin kits that can be assembled and painted for around $85-$100. These are solid with no moving parts.
You could also go the 3D printed route for a bit more I believe. Lots of sanding and prep work but you will have things like a moving trigger and hammer on some models.
Then you have the airsoft DL-44 by AW for around $200. Again not screen accurate, but extremely passable plus it's all metal.
Moving further up, you have the Metal Denix Mauser that you can buy aluminum (or 3D printed) parts for. These are made by various people/members here. These are the most accurate, but also the most expensive.

Biggest question though is, what is your budget? A Han Solo Blaster can be had for as little as $20 to over a $1,000+.
You can get a cheap toy from Rubies and do a repaint. Not real accurate though.
There are a lot of resin kits that can be assembled and painted for around $85-$100. These are solid with no moving parts.
You could also go the 3D printed route for a bit more I believe. Lots of sanding and prep work but you will have things like a moving trigger and hammer on some models.
Then you have the airsoft DL-44 by AW for around $200. Again not screen accurate, but extremely passable plus it's all metal.
Moving further up, you have the Metal Denix Mauser that you can buy aluminum (or 3D printed) parts for. These are made by various people/members here. These are the most accurate, but also the most expensive.

Thanks for the info, and my range is between $200-$450

- - - Updated - - -

There is the hero, and Greedo Killer.

The Hero is what I'm most interested in.

Second for Todd's in that price range. The nice thing about Todd's is that you can really dig into it and make it much much more accurate with your weathering, etc.

Here is my slightly modified, all metal, $200 AW airsoft DL-44.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507333568380.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507333568380.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 404
  • FB_IMG_1507333555307.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507333555307.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 388
As other's have said, that's kind of like asking "how much does a car cost?"

I also have one of the Armorer Works Airsoft versions that I modified to have real wood grips and weathered appropriately. It's not 100% accurate down to the tiny scratch, but it looks the part, was relatively inexpensive, is all metal, and best of all really fires (gas powered.)
If I were you I'd consider looking through this thread.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265343&highlight=anh+blaster
as well as Robiwan's thread
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275891&highlight=anh+blaster

in my opinion, for the least amount of work and best bang for your buck (no pun intended, it actually goes bang) this is a very good way to go.

Here’s mine. All I did was replace the grips with real wood grips, add the model engine parts and weather.
fb2059c36a135988ed7d1087cbb6d6ce.jpg

6d8a48d79ddc5a1cb306a7bcd11eb6eb.jpg

Last edited:
Also gotta give some love to Field Marshall's stuff. He sells modded Denix bases, along with excellent quality parts to build up every version that exists. I've got his ANH add-ons. If you want to go a little bit DIY with it, check out his ebay page or website.

Can't go wrong with any option mentioned in the thread.

Another great option is Field Marshall's pre built Denix kit.

You've got more options with his parts, because you can save money and get aluminum or splurge and go all steel. He has options for a sleeve bull barrel and a more accurate full replacement bull barrel with more accurate chamfers at the transition.

I'd say it's right up there with Todd's and some parts possibly MORE accurate than Todd's (bull barrel/flash hider/scope bracket knobs), although Todd's Hensoldt replica is arguably nicer.

You could also go with DEC, but it's a kit, so you'd have to build it, but his parts are great, and he's been making kits for years now. I think his was the first uber-accurate kit offered after the huge discussion thread with Deadbolt and Kpax and all those excellent detectives who helped us identify the remaining parts on the original blaster.

EDIT: I was beaten by mere seconds with the previous post! Haha

My personal blaster has a mixture of DEC and Field Marshall parts. The scope cradle will soon be replaced (working on smoothing one out with lots and lots of sanding), but you get the idea. MGC C96 replica, DEC bull barrel and flash hider, all other parts Field Marshall, and I made the grille with real Tomtit engine cylinders from Reade Models.

649d94ddedf5d85fb37e9ea63ee0b127.jpg
25831a38b7d4b872c95b95b5c84104b3.jpg
d7074869292cf3630982c14c0d5468fd.jpg
723a403c26a0e4978647b90ff24f2963.jpg
039fb5772e7e76cc11025315df7b07b1.jpg
663e9aaaae4b726adcddae1504f887e7.jpg
1432795460af7cd5b60bbf80e73d3267.jpg
1464ca3a109103e11a748517c2cdb054.jpg
824600d69ecb8e3cd67c5d15d2060ae0.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta give a shout out to DEC and their kit; this is my TFA blaster assembled using a DEC kit.

IMG_20160531_190959.jpg

(I later chopped the screws on the scope base as they were too long as they came)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back