Wrench Mask from Watch dogs 2 WIP

Ezra98

I've been kicking this around for a few months and have decided last month to actually go through with the project. This is a WIP and is slightly altered from the actual mask in the game. Before I start talking about my build I want to say a BIG thank you to TheNeverCat and his tutorial on the technical part of the mask. I don't have the first clue about that kind of stuff, so again thank you. Anyway, while I did see how he made his masks I chose to make my own to be a bit more accurate to the in game model. So after a fair amount of browsing I found a couple pictures that would suffice. Plus I took a few screenshots from in game as well. I used crafting foam to make the rough model. View attachment 20170822_184706.jpg

Once I was happy enough with it, I sealed it with mod podge and a coat of primer. I then used a trial size of brush on silicone from smooth on Screenshot_20171005-183755.png

After the mold was cured I used Plaster Bandages for the hard shell over the mold. This is my first attempt at molding anything so I chose the bandages as a cheaper and easier way of making a shell for my mold. Screenshot_20171005-183807.png

Once it was all hardened, I split the shell, removed my model, and put it back in the shell. The mold turned out well, not a single air bubble or any imperfections that I could see.

Now I used smooth cast 300 and slush casted the mask . I don't remember how many layers I did, but I did small amounts for the initial and then added a little more depending on how thick it was curing.

After It cured, my shell basically crumbled as I had to tear it off to get the mold out. The mold didn't tear and to my surprise the copy came out great! 20170921_191419.jpg

This is one long post... but I trimmed, cut, and sanded it to start actually getting the mask together. Filling certain areas, and more sanding. Once it was where I liked I threw a coat of flat black on and lacquer based clear coat. The visor I used from a pair of airsoft goggles and got super lucky that they actually fit right. Screenshot_20171003-092924.png

And that's where I'm up to now. Right now I'm working on the mouth cover which I'm using actual leather fabric and am hand sewing it. All of the electronics are already wired up and are just waiting til absolutely last to mount.

Small update, I have most of the sewing done. I have the metal spikes attached aswell. I'd say right now the mask is 80% complete. So far it's coming together nicely Screenshot_20171008-185019.png

Snapchat-299769395.jpg

I finished sewing, and installed the electronics. I have a few little modifications left I want to do before attaching the harness. But atleast it's all together and working!

Hey Ezra98, hey everyone,

please forgive me for digging this old thread up. I couldn’t find the TheNeverCat tutorial you’ve been referencing to. Is it still online? Could you please tell me where to search?

Thank in advance and kind regards,
Crafter

Hey Ezra98, hey everyone,

please forgive me for digging this old thread up. I couldn’t find the TheNeverCat tutorial you’ve been referencing to. Is it still online? Could you please tell me where to search?

Thank in advance and kind regards,
Crafter

My apologies for not replying sooner. It's been a bit since I last visited these forums. But unfortunately it seems he has taken the videos and walkthroughs down. But I found another tutorial that is more or less the same exact thing. https://youtu.be/HKVc8a4pHy4
Again, sorry for such a late reply. Hope it helps!

My apologies for not replying sooner. It's been a bit since I last visited these forums. But unfortunately it seems he has taken the videos and walkthroughs down. But I found another tutorial that is more or less the same exact thing. https://youtu.be/HKVc8a4pHy4
Again, sorry for such a late reply. Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot, Ezra, I found a few different videos, but this one seems to be the easiest with a nice result. I will definitley try that :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back