NECA Blade Runner 2049 wooden horse prop replica

Just found this dude on Youtube. Don't think he is in the RPF. Very simple, but look quite fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tz9XqKU9OM&t=53s

His website is: http://digitprop.com/2017/10/ks-toy-horse/

The template for the papercraft horse is there.

Just an FYI to any no US citizens that want the Horse - the bottom of this link has a free STL file of the horse - If you download this, you can get it 3d printed, and sent to you for about the same price as purchasing it in the states - mine, with shipping was just over £20 - Yes, you will have to paint it and finish it, and yes, you will have to scratch the date in....but most of us on here like this sort of challenge, surely ?:)

08E1D7A0-CDCA-4EA6-8ACC-323167BDCF24.jpeg1D74ABE3-E829-4CF1-BB49-F0AFA2DDABE4.jpeg45A751A5-6EB9-45DD-AC60-BF758B45FD49.jpeg

Mine decided to show up today. It looks different than the as-pictured prototype.

I am assuming these cast and beaten into submission with grinding tools and washes. So each will probably be easily different.

831ECE1C-727D-4D26-85A2-656C3AFCE983.jpeg66DADF8A-0BF6-448A-AFC0-D9DB211EB0AB.jpeg

Yeah the paintjob was a little too mass produced looking to me, so I've rubbed mine down with aging powders, mostly soot, and darkened it a bit more, as well as sanded the bottom with course sandpaper to give it some woodgrain and get rid of that date stamp outline, and added the dots to the date that were missing. Its worth noting its made of white resin.

Pics tonight.

I sure would like one of these, but neca don’t ship outside the US and all the ones on eBay are at double RRP with $40 shipping to Australia...

Weeeeell, crap. Like a complete moron, I set it in front of an action figure notorious for falling off the shelf and lo and behold it fell and took the horse with it. Cracked as soon as it hit the floor :( Luckily it was a clean break and I was able to patch it with some superglue...but of course it shifted a tiny bit and so I had to sand it back on the sides, exposing the resin. I guess this means I'll have to touch up the whole paint job at some point!

IMG_7128.jpgIMG_7131.jpgIMG_7133.jpgIMG_7130.jpgIMG_7132.jpg

Lesson learned today: don't be an idiot and put it on a shelf where it's likely to fall. It's quite fragile. I'll be keeping mine in the box from now on :facepalm

Something similar has happened to me on more than one occasion. It's usually due to my being in a hurry or I was just being lazy.
Not saying that this is what happened to YOU! :lol

Yeah the paintjob was a little too mass produced looking to me, so I've rubbed mine down with aging powders, mostly soot, and darkened it a bit more, as well as sanded the bottom with course sandpaper to give it some woodgrain and get rid of that date stamp outline, and added the dots to the date that were missing. Its worth noting its made of white resin.

Pics tonight.

Wow...looks great! Did you sand down the original paint and start from scratch, or just add the aging powders over the original?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back