NECA Blade Runner 2049 wooden horse prop replica

I thought I saw a picture somewhere of the Neca one where the date writing didnt quite match what you see above. Would be curious to see that.

Yeah the writing doesn't precisely match; it's missing the periods and almost looks stamped (I can see the stamp outlines) and painted lighter for effect.
cBXBUDS.jpg

I don't think the unicorn/horse is a 1:1 match on any aspect, but for the price, I'm still OK with it.

I think its molded from the real thing :)

webbs_S.jpg

Numbers are not the same but the outlines of the feet are spot on.

Last edited:
Maybe the date was added later in the film, after they scheduled the release date... ? Them the horse was molded, but the date wasn't carved.

it might have been made from a early version of the prop or a different version. remember the replica would have been in production a long time ago. making any commercial replica takes time and any changes that are made to props during filming cant be replicated if they are made after the replica design has been finalized and money has been put in to make molds for production.

it might have been made from a early version of the prop or a different version. remember the replica would have been in production a long time ago. making any commercial replica takes time and any changes that are made to props during filming cant be replicated if they are made after the replica design has been finalized and money has been put in to make molds for production.
Yes. That's what I was thinking. If the prop is made of real wood, there would really be some differences.

Some great inspiration here - I'm going to try and make one out of polymer clay - does anyone have a photo of the "Tail" /backside? Thanks in advance for your help,

Hi there, I'm just going to ask again.... its just the weekend is disappearing and I don't want risk refining anymore until I have more pics.

does anyone have more pics of their neca horse please....

from the front, back and the top are all I need really, a better pic from the underneath would also be handy

width or overall height measurement would be great too....:)

I work with wood extensively and honestly the screen used prop may not even be made of wood. It's so dirtied up you can't distinguish the grain or even pores where cuts would go cross grain. As props usually need backups in case of damage/theft, a cast one would be easier to replicate in looks than actual wood which will always have unique distinguishing features from each other however good the sculptor can carve it the same way or even if they were CNC'd.

When I saw it in the cinema I could see grain on the base, specifically in the shot screencapped earlier with the numbers.

You can just about make it out on said above, just...

As requested, here's a set of photos.

Hi there, I'm just going to ask again.... its just the weekend is disappearing and I don't want risk refining anymore until I have more pics.

does anyone have more pics of their neca horse please....

from the front, back and the top are all I need really, a better pic from the underneath would also be handy

width or overall height measurement would be great too....:)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 340
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 412
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 345
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 375
  • FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 370
  • FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 338
  • FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 380
  • FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 343
  • FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    514 KB · Views: 362
  • FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 381

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back