Blade Runner 2049 (Post-release)

So any explanation as to why Deckard could get her preggers?

I loved the visuals and this film overall.

I just didnt understand the Wallace replicant angle. Sure mass production thru reproduction sounds good but even the replicants that couldn’t reproduce were starting a revolution, wouldn’t that guarantee a revolt. Or did He want them to be perfect and overthrow human beings?

So when does the Blu-ray come out? I see no reason to just buy it on digital right now, when I'm going to get that anyway when I buy the blu-ray.

So when does the Blu-ray come out? I see no reason to just buy it on digital right now, when I'm going to get that anyway when I buy the blu-ray.

It came out on digital on December 26th, & physical copies on January 16th. I totally agree in most cases, but I was able to get the digital now & pre-order the physical disc for the same price. That's the only reason I pulled the trigger.

Also got access to several of the special features.

So any explanation as to why Deckard could get her preggers?

I loved the visuals and this film overall.

I just didnt understand the Wallace replicant angle. Sure mass production thru reproduction sounds good but even the replicants that couldn’t reproduce were starting a revolution, wouldn’t that guarantee a revolt. Or did He want them to be perfect and overthrow human beings?

I`ve struggled with that as well, Whats more significant, humans being able to reproduce with replicants or only replicants being able reproduce with each other?

I guess if humans can produce children with Rep`s then Wallace`s plan to bump up the numbers would happen at a faster rate but result in a hybrid. He doesnt seem the type to me that wants hybrids though.

If Rep`s can only reproduce with Reps, then it totally nullifies the notion that Rep`s are "machines". As K states, Ive never retired anyone with a soul. They would be on equal terms with humans, perhaps even at a higher level. "More human than humans" was the 2049 line. I guess that same rule applies with human to replicant reproduction as well.:wacko

Sir Ridley Scott straight up states, on numerous occasions that Deckard is a replicant. That being the case the second point applies. It also shines a light on the dark soul of Wallace that he would put the first born replicant under the knive just to push his agenda.

Now we come to Wallace, he talks as is he is a replicant himself,"We should own the stars" and so on. Who the hell made Wallace? Dr Elden Tyrell continues to be one of if not the most interesting character from both films.

Just a magnificent movie. Such a shame a film like this doesnt attract the revenue similar to other recent releases that absolutely pale in comparison.

I took, from the scene where Wallace 'retires' the new model, that Rachel specifically had a womb, & was the only one able to procreate. That's what Tyrell had accomplished, but Wallace hadn't. That's why it was so imperative that Luv bring back both Deckard & Rachel's bones. Wallace could then study both to maybe unlock Tyrell's greatest secret.

Yeah if Wallace is a human, trying to run a business and be innovative, why would he want to put himself out od business by making self-replicating-replicants. Unless he somehow would still retain control of the process.

If he's a replicant himself, it makes more sense.

Yeah if Wallace is a human, trying to run a business and be innovative, why would he want to put himself out od business by making self-replicating-replicants. Unless he somehow would still retain control of the process.

Wallace's plan was to use both manufacturing & reproduction to create replicants. Replicants weren't his only business, which we know from the fact he had singlehandedly saved humanity by creating alternate farming methods. He then used that leverage to be able to legally create new replicants.

As things are replicants can only be manufactured on Earth, then shipped off world. If Wallace can crack the puzzle that Tyrell had created, then he could basically have living factories in each & every colony, & therefore spread exponentially. He also was the Joi manufacturer, so we can assume his tech is all over the colonies. Therefore, more colonies=more business markets.

He`s either a replicant or just one screwed up human being with a yearning to be something "more". Its an interesting point that hasnt been brought up before as far as I know.

I dont think he cares about his business much anymore, he`s already amassed more wealth than anyone in human history just with his farming patents and in the short film he proclaims the earth as dying along with its inhabitants , his goals are now the Stars. And from what I can tell, the rules that apply on Earth dont apply in the outer colonies anyway.

He`s either a replicant or just one screwed up human being with a yearning to be something "more". Its an interesting point that hasnt been brought up before as far as I know.

I dont think he cares about his business much anymore, he`s already amassed more wealth than anyone in human history just with his farming patents and in the short film he proclaims the earth as dying along with its inhabitants , his goals are now the Stars. And from what I can tell, the rules that apply on Earth dont apply in the outer colonies anyway.

Just like Tyrell before him, Wallace has a massive God Complex - he even calls his replicants 'Angels'. Tyrell had managed to make both an Adam and Eve, but Wallace hasn't got the information on how to make an Eve. Once he has, he can leave the rest of humanity behind and populate the universe with his 'children', who will ostensibly be human by then but still obedient to their 'God' (who, as we saw in the scene with the newborn, is a vengeful God who rules thorugh fear). Presumably he would also then be able to clone himself (as was revealed Tyrell had done in the original screenplay for the first film in the unfilmed scene where after killing Tyrell, Roy finds the real terminally-ill Tyrell cryogenically frozen), which would then allow him to complete the transition to becoming a God by becoming immortal.

Both Wallace and the Resistance want the same thing - the ability to reproduce - but for completely opposite reasons. Wallace wants to populate the universe with a race of genetically superior but obedient superhumans. The Resistance would use it as evidence of their equality to humans (having a 'soul') in their quest to become free from slavery (from Wallace and their human masters) and become masters of their own destiny. That may result in another rebellion and war with the existing humans, which as Joshi predicts would become a slaughter due to the replicant's genetic superiority. You potentially have the same endpoint in both scenarios - '**** Replicant' becoming the new dominant species in the same way modern man wiped out the Neanderthals (Wallace's name probably wan't an accident...) with the difference being who has the power - Wallace or the replicants themselves.

Just like Tyrell before him, Wallace has a massive God Complex - he even calls his replicants 'Angels'. Tyrell had managed to make both an Adam and Eve, but Wallace hasn't got the information on how to make an Eve. Once he has, he can leave the rest of humanity behind and populate the universe with his 'children', who will ostensibly be human by then but still obedient to their 'God' (who, as we saw in the scene with the newborn, is a vengeful God who rules thorugh fear). Presumably he would also then be able to clone himself (as was revealed Tyrell had done in the original screenplay for the first film in the unfilmed scene where after killing Tyrell, Roy finds the real terminally-ill Tyrell cryogenically frozen), which would then allow him to complete the transition to becoming a God by becoming immortal.

Both Wallace and the Resistance want the same thing - the ability to reproduce - but for completely opposite reasons. Wallace wants to populate the universe with a race of genetically superior but obedient superhumans. The Resistance would use it as evidence of their equality to humans (having a 'soul') in their quest to become free from slavery (from Wallace and their human masters) and become masters of their own destiny. That may result in another rebellion and war with the existing humans, which as Joshi predicts would become a slaughter due to the replicant's genetic superiority. You potentially have the same endpoint in both scenarios - '**** Replicant' becoming the new dominant species in the same way modern man wiped out the Neanderthals (Wallace's name probably wan't an accident...) with the difference being who has the power - Wallace or the replicants themselves.

Very nicely said buzby.:thumbsup

Question: If Wallace is a Replicant, why is he blind?
Question: Is he blind because he's, maybe, the product of a Human-To-Rep cross-over?
Question: If he's an HTR, did some genetic oddity made him blind (since birth)?
Question: Is Wallace Tyrell's son?
Question: Is Wallace Weyland' son?
Question: Am I loosing my mind?

But then who is Snoke? :p ;)

I have been watching several of the BR2049 clips that have populated YouTube since the digital release, and I can't wait to see this film again. Even though I have enjoyed other movies and bought tons of memorabilia from other franchises, this is by far my most favorite movie above all others.

(And I can't stop myself from buying anything related to it either.)

I have been watching several of the BR2049 clips that have populated YouTube since the digital release, and I can't wait to see this film again. Even though I have enjoyed other movies and bought tons of memorabilia from other franchises, this is by far my most favorite movie above all others.

Can't agree more. I watched it twice the first day I got it. As I said earlier the film was senses candy in the theater, but a rich, decadent meal when you can sit back & digest it.

I actually haven't even seen it yet. Hopefully Amazon will ship it to me early so I receive it release day. I've even managed to stay 90% spoiler free after all this time too. And I also compulsively buy Blade Runner merchandise. Every day I usually search ebay for new sales on Blade Runner memorabilia and I actually have more posters than I have walls to put them on now. I'm also five payments in to paying off Tomenosuke #3. I do have the 2049 soundtrack, but I want to watch the movie before I listen to it. I still look for things like Blade Runner zippo lighters, cigarette cases or even cool little doodads related to the films. I even have some Blade Runner fridge magnets. I've had the Heart and Soul Blade Runner hardcover art book paid off since October but the seller oversold his stock and I am a bit doubtful if I will ever see it from him.

Last edited:
I actually haven't even seen it yet. Hopefully Amazon will ship it to me early so I receive it release day. I've even managed to stay 90% spoiler free after all this time too. And I also compulsively buy Blade Runner merchandise. Every day I usually search ebay for new sales on Blade Runner memorabilia and I actually have more posters than I have walls to put them on now. I'm also five payments in to paying off Tomenosuke #3. I do have the 2049 soundtrack, but I want to watch the movie before I listen to it. I still look for things like Blade Runner zippo lighters, cigarette cases or even cool little doodads related to the films. I even have some Blade Runner fridge magnets. I've had the Heart and Soul Blade Runner hardcover art book paid off since October but the seller oversold his stock and I am a bit doubtful if I will ever see it from him.
Ow, that hurts about Heart and Soul. I cherish my copy. I hope you will find a way to get yours.
I ordered the steelbook blu-ray so I'll probably be waiting a little longer for my copy.

+1 about collecting BR stuff. Can you guess what my iPhone ringtone is? (... and it's not Vangelis)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back