Batman Year One

Stray cat

Has anyone done a Batman Year Zero costume? Trying to figure out the black ribbed shoulder/arm and rib details. Gluing strips of foam rubber to the suit just seems tacky...
gallerycomics-1900x900-20140507-bm-v4-zero-yearcv-533ddde98ab981-104756-1024x485.jpg

The best method I can think of would be a similar method as was used on First Class. For the ribbed sections of those suits, heavy spandex was stretched and the face material was stitched in rows to the stretched fabric. Then, when the fabric was released, the spandex constricted and created the ribbing. This also allowed for movement and flexibility.

You'd really need a frame to stretch the spandex on (like a canvas for a painting) and, in order to fit it under a sewing machine, you'd need to cut the larger sections down and then splice them together.

It would take some planning and testing, but I think that would give you the highest quality result.

Last edited:
I just read through Zero Year a few weeks ago, and loved it. Ever since I've been thinking about the suit. I personally was thinking about using a ribbing similar to that of Stormtrooper neck guards, but I haven't actually attempted it so I don't know if it would work or not. Good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing some progress.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back