Black anodized graflex

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone ever attempted something like this?

I think it would look just absolutely sick. And by sick I mean awesome.

indeed, pretty promissing looking
blackGraflexTest.jpg

I'd love something like this! Maybe we can convince Roman to do a limited edition run.

I guess perma blue wouldn't do as they say it shouldn't be used on chrome. I don't have an anodizing technique on hands... but yeah; now I want to try it :)

I'd love something like this! Maybe we can convince Roman to do a limited edition run.

Just too much cost and re-working a finish product for a secondary run. This would probably be best as a custom project.

But it definitely is beautiful! :)

Just an F.Y.I., the only metals that can be anodized are aluminum and titanium so you couldn't anodize a vintage Graflex or any of the replicas currently on the market (except for the bottom can of a Graflex 2.0).

Just too much cost and re-working a finish product for a secondary run. This would probably be best as a custom project.

But it definitely is beautiful! :)

I ordered a Graflex from your new run even though I didn't really have a specific use in mind at the time I placed an order. Looks like I do now! Gotta find a way to make this happen!

I ordered a Graflex from your new run even though I didn't really have a specific use in mind at the time I placed an order. Looks like I do now! Gotta find a way to make this happen!

Maybe this would work...

I have an unused can of this stuff (I bought the pack for the can of clear coat that comes with it). Maybe I should try it out on a chrome plated sink tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back