Need advice on what to do after a terrible order from JEFX / Jasonevanfx

Surfdoc101

Hi everyone, I wanted to speak to this community of cosplayers and get your opinion. The details are I commissioned Jason Evans from JEFX / Jasonevanfx to build two costume for Comic Con NYC 2017. If anyone of you know Jason, he does amazing work with Wonder Woman and Superman DOJ style costumes. The idea we have is to do the Justice League New 52 suits. Jason agreed to take the commission and showed me pictures of the Wonder Woman costume prior to shipment. The WW suit is amazing. He however left me in the dark about the Superman suit. I had shown Jason photos of other Superman suits to show him exactly what I wanted with muscle shading, 3d graphics, raised texture, etc. It was quite a long discussion and I have it all saved. When his version of the suit arrived it was not up to par. I have attached pics of the work he did in the past and of the Superman suit he made for me. The suit he sent - the paint was not even dry, the lines were crocked, logo was falling off, residue glue all over. It is sloppy and amateur. I reached out to Jason and told him my opinion. I stated he rushed it and that I wanted a refund. He refused, blocked me and threatened to take me to court if I dispute the charge or pursue contacting him. He said he stands by his work and takes offense to my accusations. I showed him the photos even, so his reaction is just beyond me. I told him to post it if he is so proud of it, which he has not and you can clearly see why.I got to know Jason well over the past few month, know he has a family and know he can and does make good suit. I think he simply could not do this because it appears he is limited to the DOJ style suits only. He essentially ruined our son’s Comicon as we have no way to complete the look now. (We had a custom made Batsuit made for him from Ricky at Custom Costumes.) I wish he had just told me, there was plenty of time to commission others. I am disputing the charges and will most likely win given the quality of what he sent. I am also a professional and have the means to take Jason to court with a lawyer. There is a part of me that want to; however there is the part of me that just want my money back, because I have better things to do. Clearly he is a talented artist. I just have no idea why he would make this, put his name to it and then defend it. So any advice would be appreciated... Has anyone ever had this happen where someone so talented, just sent them junk? How did you handle it? Has anyone gone to court over similar issues? Below are a few pics I put together, they show Jason work - which is amazing. A few pictures of Superman suits he made in the past, and lastly a collage of the botched New 52 suit.
. Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.34.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.33.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-02 at 1.21.07 PM.png

Last edited:
Have you even been able to get in touch with this guy? He was supposed to have my wife's Wonder Woman costume done by the beginning or mid of October (Ordered in August), and now isn't responding to emails about the status of the order, despite the fact that the event we were buying it for is less than a week away!

HI Drakonnen,

I honestly thing Jason is overwhelmed. The Wonder Woman costume he made my wife is amazing, but he completely botched my New 52 suit. He “can” make a great product, but what I have learned is he cuts corners when he is busy. He made a mistake on the terra on my wife’s costume, and I had to call him out on it to correct it. He did in the end, but initially told me when he had 77 orders to fill by Halloween, and could not correct it. I tactfully emailed him saying I commissioned him in May and had clear expectations on the order. I hope you get your suit. I should have taken it as a ‘red flag’ when Jason did not send me any pics of my New 52 suit prior to shipping, but you live and learn. When I confronted Jason on the issues with my suit, he denied me a refund, denied he did anything wrong and said if I contact him again he would press harassment charges. Despite making one awesome suit, I would never do business with him again and never recommend him. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company, but that doesn’t make up for the fact he ruined comic con for my family. If the dispute does not go through I will be filing a small claims case in court. If you have any issues and need to join me on that case - you can find me here. I hope he deliveries, he can, but there is a question on what you will get or when. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Did you purchase from Etsy... PLEASE PLEASE leave a negative review so people can start seeing this. You are now the fourth person I've seen who has provided pictures of TERRIBLE craftsmenship and yet everyone refuses to leave negative reviews and people keep on buying his stuff. He sells things WAY overpriced and the quality is just not there. I'm incredibly sorry to see this happen. Please make a dispute. The last person I saw who had this happen to him on Facebook was able to get a full refund but the same **** happened, "blah blah I'm going to take you to court".

Belle Bredehoft also pretty much made his first DOJ suit. No idea if he still uses the molds from it but yeah for all reading STAY AWAY.

HI Pikezer,

I did not get it off Etsy. I contacted him directly and wanted to pay via PayPal since they off buyer / seller protection. Instead he asked if I could pay via quickbooks (as they have lower fee.. Everyone has to make a living right?!?) Unfortunately, now there is no way to dispute it with the billing company and I must go through my credit card company alone.

When I get a chance I am going to post on Yelp, but I have to create a new business to review. With a 13 month old and a full time career as a physician; I am a little busy =). I wish there was a way to get the word out, if I had seen his reviews I would have stayed away for the Superman suit. As I mentioned the Wonder Woman suit is pretty awesome. He is a limited artist and should just stick to what he knows, but think his greed got the better of him.

I will let everyone know when I create the Yelp review (if they want to contribute). I appreciate the reply..

Last edited:
he asked if I could pay via quickbooks (as they have lower fee.. Everyone has to make a living right?!?) .

Sounds like these type of issues are starting to be a reoccurring theme with him and he has learned to stay out of Paypal so nobody can open a dispute there, He then has learned to threaten harassment charges if you question him, in hopes to scare you away from anything else. I say, file a dispute with your credit card company and if that does fail, take him to court. These guys never learn until someone actually does something and holds them accountable for their actions. Good luck!

Oh so true. It is indeed an art in itself to know when to stop taking orders and turning customers away.

I could not agree with you both more. You have to know your limits as an artist and a businessman. 99% sure I will get a refund from my credit card company based on the photos (of all the damage), but as I mentioned it does not make up for the fact he wrecked our plans for Comic Con NYC. Here is the Wonder Woman costume he made for us based off the Darkseid Wars New 52 Comic. He can do great work, but is only hurting himself with his unethical practice, greed and poor customer service. He sent me the New 52 suit /costume with wet paint, crocked lines, glue stains, a 1/2 glued chest emblem, and a hole in it!! How can you make something like this and then botch something so bad. Even superheroes know their limits.....

I appreciate everyone’s feedback and advice.. Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 7.07.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 7.07.03 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Belle Bredehoft also pretty much made his first DOJ suit. No idea if he still uses the molds from it but yeah for all reading STAY AWAY.[/QUOTE said:
I've seen her say this on fb a few times, and it makes me wonder how much work is actually his. I know he buys the symbols for the suits from various makers (cupp creations, revolutionz), and he outsources the sewing. All the details on the MOS / DOJ are hand drawn and look sloppy in close ups.

It also appears he was recasting the trim from his old suits to make the trim for customers' suits.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Surfdoc101. I suspect it's an issue of a person starting a costume making business when he really doesn't know how to make costumes. Glad the WW looks great, though.

Last edited:
I've seen her say this on fb a few times, and it makes me wonder how much work is actually his. I know he buys the symbols for the suits from various makers (cupp creations, revolutionz), and he outsources the sewing. All the details on the MOS / DOJ are hand drawn and look sloppy in close ups.

It also appears he was recasting the trim from his old suits to make the trim for customers' suits.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Surfdoc101. I suspect it's an issue of a person starting a costume making business when he really doesn't know how to make costumes. The WW does look great, though.

Yes, you are correct. He has been using the molds from his original one I believe. Since the molds are a few years old I imagine they are damaged which is why people have started to get bad product over the past several months.

I would recommend also spreading the word in this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/180545492125348/
It is intended to write bad experiences so that others don't deal with that seller. Additionally you can post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/therpf/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135237299976751/ to bring awareness to it. Other people may have poor experiences that will comment as well which will help your case.

Yes, you are correct. He has been using the molds from his original one I believe. Since the molds are a few years old I imagine they are damaged which is why people have started to get bad product over the past several months.

I would recommend also spreading the word in this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/180545492125348/
It is intended to write bad experiences so that others don't deal with that seller. Additionally you can post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/therpf/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135237299976751/ to bring awareness to it. Other people may have poor experiences that will comment as well which will help your case.

I'm pretty sure the molds were made by recasting the trim he purchased, and that's why it's so badly done. I saw all the photos from the guy who posted his Mos suit on fb a few months ago, and it looked horrendous.

After seeing that work (the muscle suit for the MOS he sells customers is just a silver zentai shaded with a sharpie), I doubt he actually makes the foam WW himself. I'm guessing he's got someone who's very talented with foam doing that for him.

Here's his original build thread from three years ago - https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=205829&highlight=MOS+suit

Thought it doesn't look like he's been active on here for a while.

Here's a link to the photos / review of his superman suit on fb - https://www.facebook.com/groups/217...al_surface=direct_link&availability=available

Don't be fooled by his legal threats. He doesn't have a license to sell copyrighted costumes, and any legal moves on his behalf will go nowhere.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the molds were made by recasting the trim he purchased, and that's why it's so badly done. I saw all the photos from the guy who posted his Mos suit on fb a few months ago, and it looked horrendous.

After seeing that work (the muscle suit for the MOS he sells customers is just a silver zentai shaded with a sharpie), I doubt he actually makes the foam WW himself. I'm guessing he's got someone who's very talented with foam doing that for him.

Here's his original build thread from three years ago - https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=205829&highlight=MOS+suit

Though it doesn't look like he's been active on here for a while.

My friend, you are spot on. In regards to the molds and the sharpies. Look I've been advocating for people to stay away from him for a few months because hes been robbing people blind. If he was selling these as budget suits for like 600-800 then okay but ***** ****** hes selling his MOS for more than Leslee who has a seamstress sew your custom measured 3d screen printed suit with muscle shading and urethane replicas. His WW is also as much as GVM designs which is a 3d printed mold and much more accurate.

Hi everyone - so I got the initial refund from my credit card. Thank you for all your help. Now that I have my money returned, I still need to find someone to make me the DarkSeid wars Superman suit. Any suggestions?

Have you even been able to get in touch with this guy? He was supposed to have my wife's Wonder Woman costume done by the beginning or mid of October (Ordered in August), and now isn't responding to emails about the status of the order, despite the fact that the event we were buying it for is less than a week away!
. Did you ever get your costume?

. Did you ever get your costume?
We did. It came in just barely in time, but was very nicely done although there was one minor customization I requested which he forgot.

But the costume over all was pretty excellent and my wife was the star of the party.

I'd recommend skipping the leg/boots though. She found some ones on Amazon that looked amazing and were much easier to work with.

We did. It came in just barely in time, but was very nicely done although there was one minor customization I requested which he forgot.

But the costume over all was pretty excellent and my wife was the star of the party.

I'd recommend skipping the leg/boots though. She found some ones on Amazon that looked amazing and were much easier to work with.
It's so weird that he just stopped responding to you though... I think I'm having the same issue with my commissioner, I ordered a custom suit almost 3 weeks ago was and was told they would start making it as soon as I ordered. 5 days ago I kindly messaged asking if I could see progress photos but still no response and the suit is supposed to dispatch by Monday so idk what's going on

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back