Jaycvenlo's The Dark Knight (rises) costume build Thread.

JayCVenlo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys, after my iron man projects and deadpool, i decided to go for my long time hero since i was a child.
Batman! in this case my favorite, the dark knight (rises)

Most of the suit i wont create myself because is just dont have the time, and short term skills to sculpt forms and make mold.
The first thing i did was buying a cowl from megaprime via Ebay. Really nice piece for a fair price. Needed some work to make it comfortable but im 90% done with that.

Second i bought a rubies belt wich i will alter and repaint. Its fairly accurate and damn cheap.

One thing i started with making myself, since there werent to many of available or not as nice enough are the gauntlets.
I think they are really cool and an important piece. i made a sketch in illustrator and continued from there.

Sketch:
gauntlet.jpg

Progress so far (completly made out of sintra):
IMG_9383.jpgIMG_9391.jpgIMG_9392.jpg

I am considering (having)making moulds for these, since there arent many out there and would be more fun the building it twice. :)
It will propably will be a 2 piece. a hard piece for the plate and spikes and a urethane strap for the lower arm.
(any tips, tricks, interest in buying, just let me know)

For the armour pieces i am thinking about buying from GCFX. (any better suggestions are welkom, or maybe some one has a kit lying around??)

Hope you guys enjoy.

so i bought a rubies TDK belt. Realy awesome details. Unbelievable how they can make these 50 parts belts for only 8 dollar. insane.
The material and colors where of so obvious step was to repaint them.

i used Automotive paint from Motip. plasticprimer - paint - matt clearcoat.

result:
IMG_9399.jpgIMG_9402.jpgIMG_9405.jpg

That Rubies belt turned out well. Honestly I am not 100 percent sure. I am moving in three weeks back to California and am only going to be focussing on making cowls and redoing all of my current armor molds. It all depends on the speed.
But honestly the GCFX stuff isnt all that bad. I would see if they would run the leg pieces in something besides 40 shore though.

Ok no problem. Its seems that GCFX are the only onces offering such kits at the moment.
What material would u suggest besides 40 shore?

That Rubies belt turned out well. Honestly I am not 100 percent sure. I am moving in three weeks back to California and am only going to be focussing on making cowls and redoing all of my current armor molds. It all depends on the speed.
But honestly the GCFX stuff isnt all that bad. I would see if they would run the leg pieces in something besides 40 shore though.

i received this sample today. think this might be spot on. and it has a little bit of stretch.
mesh holes are approx. 3-4mm

IMG_9450.jpg

Hi you guys,

small update.
- Decided not to make the gauntlets myself. Dont have the time to experience molding and stuff. So i order a set from Make It Mike. Ill post pics as soon as i have them.
- I drawn a pattern for the cape wich i will have made by my seamstress. (outside velvet, inside shiny)
View attachment cape.jpg
- I ordered the kit at GCFX, hope they will deliver soon.

on pics the carbon fiber doesnt look so good on the gcfx parts so i made a texture myself in photoshop wich i could print at my company in wrapping film with flat clear laminate coating.
Heres a 10x10cm sample.

CF1 10x10cm.jpg

Yes he is really nice. replied really quick to my emails and answered the questions in detail.
now waiting for GCFX to do the same thing. I am waiting for them to finish my order and ship it out... the promised me this week.. so we will see!

Looking great! Mike is a super nice guy, and makes great quality stuff! Looking forward to seeing the full suit come together!

I use the same cowl. Had to sand down the sections of eye opening right at the inside corners so they didn't dig into my eyes. After I did that it feels real good. Never worked out the neck piece though, so not currently using it.

So the upper body (pics above), is GCFX or your own making?

The cowl is good. but as you said its not a direct fit. i trimmed a lot as well but still its very tight around the eyes. im trying to make it more comfortable, but its hard.
i am considering trying out the Cowl Kevin sells.

Yeah the upper body pieces are from GCFX. The Gauntlets from make it mike.The undersuit is custom made.
Hope to be finishing the pants in the next two weeks. Waiting for my tailor to finish it.

And as last piece she will also make me a velvet cape..

I use the same cowl. Had to sand down the sections of eye opening right at the inside corners so they didn't dig into my eyes. After I did that it feels real good. Never worked out the neck piece though, so not currently using it.

So the upper body (pics above), is GCFX or your own making?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back