Horror Movie Marathon

Body snatchers the original and especially the reboot in 78 are classics the Michael Chapmans Cinematography in the 78 version is pure genuis, you can feel the air of paranoia and foreboding.

Just watched Harryhausens "Clash of The Titans" last saturday. :lol

Tonite finishing off my werewolf trilogy with Lon Chaneys "The Wolfman"

Watched The Babadook a few months ago (it's currently on Netflix). It doesn't exactly cover new ground but I thought it was pretty intense and well done. Gets the creepy "what's really going on here" vibe just right.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978). Just re-watched this a couple of years ago and it still packs a punch.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956). It's been years since I've seen the original, feels like a good time to revisit it.

And because I've been feeling nostalgic lately, this weekend I'll be streaming Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan, a documentary about the man who created some of the most memorable scary monster images of all time. It's on Amazon Prime but you can also stream it for like four bucks.

Just watched Harryhausens "Clash of The Titans" last saturday. :lol

I had the good fortune to see Harryhausen live about 15 years ago during a film festival when I was living in Chicago. They played some clips, then Ray got up and talked about his craft and answered questions from the audience. Best of all, he brought some of his original stop motion models with him. The guy was really down to earth and seemed genuinely surprised that so many people were still interested in his work. Having grown up on his movies, probably like a lot of us here, it was a really special night.

I had the good fortune to see Harryhausen live about 15 years ago during a film festival when I was living in Chicago. They played some clips, then Ray got up and talked about his craft and answered questions from the audience. Best of all, he brought some of his original stop motion models with him. The guy was really down to earth and seemed genuinely surprised that so many people were still interested in his work. Having grown up on his movies, probably like a lot of us here, it was a really special night.

Leave it to me to completely derail this thread but right now in Oklahoma City a museum has a Harryhausen exhibit going on that features many of the puppets and pieces used in his movies. We are 3 hours away and are planning a trip this month!

Oh...and I'm totally watching the Exorcist tonight!

Pics or your mother sucks...............:D

Leave it to me to completely derail this thread but right now in Oklahoma City a museum has a Harryhausen exhibit going on that features many of the puppets and pieces used in his movies. We are 3 hours away and are planning a trip this month!

Oh...and I'm totally watching the Exorcist tonight!

Monster kids, give it up big time for birthday boy Bela Lugosi, born Belá Ferenc Dezso Blaskó in Lugos, Austria-Hungary October 20, 1882. Eternally Dracula and one of the unholy trinity of horror stars.

In his honor I watched The Invisible Ghost and am half through Spooks Run Wild. Take a big wiff, you'll smell them from here. Not the old boy's strongest outings.

Drac Van Helsing  Birthday 1 I vanted chocolate.jpg

Last edited:
Happy B-day to Bela!

Putting Dracula in right now for a late matinee viewing, and since it's Friday and I want to party "Revenge of the living dead" tonight! :cheers

Watched these on AMC.

Invasion of the body snatchers (1978)
The dark half
Hardware

------

Knock knock

This movie was advertised as a thriller/horror but i was laughing the whole movie, unbelievably campy.

I think keanu was either high or drunk when he accepted the role and during the making. And i totally lost it when he did the pizza rant.

Still doing the Bela-thon. Watched The Ape Man and The Corpse Vanishes. Ape Man was good, campy fun. Lugosi was hamming it up wonderfully. The Corpse Vanishes was just bad. The whole film should vanish.

TCM always has a fun slate of horror films on Halloween. That being said, you can never go wrong with carpenter's The Thing. It's a masterpiece.

I finally saw Carpenter's The Fog and Return of the Living Dead.

Dont know how I lived all my life without seeing either.

I also checked out the 1985 TV movie "The Midnight Hour" which is worth it alone for vampire Levar Burton.

Return of the living dead is surprisingly really good with little semblance to the original. ROTLD and reanimated are some of the quirkier horror films from the 1980s out there. I've never heard of the midnight hour but now I have to check it out.

WOW!

The Fog grew on me, hated it when I first saw it but love it now, and Return of the living dead was and still is a Classic, so many great performances in that one!

I finally saw Carpenter's The Fog and Return of the Living Dead.

Dont know how I lived all my life without seeing either.

There are only a handful of movies I can look back on and think of a time when I was genuinely engaged in a horror movie, or found myself in a state of straight-up fear. Some of the movies were due to my age or where I was at in life. Some of them are genuinely unsettling to me. Here are the memorable horror movies in my life:

Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Paranormal Activity
The Witch
The Exorcist

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back