My first hardware store lightsaber

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay this is what I Unearthed today completely forgot that I had this. This was the first attempt at building a graflex style lightsaber. I built this about 26 years ago before I had any internet access to see all the great detailed pictures and before I knew what the actual lightsaber handle was made out of. I recently found it in a box of old Star Wars toys that I'm posting on eBay and I'm currently deciding whether or not clean it up and repair it or just leave it as I found it in the Box it's kind of tarnished it's missing a few pieces off of it but I may just leave it as it is and put it on display. Looking at it now it was rather a poor attempt any lightsaber but everybody's gotta start somewhere! Lol enjoy the pics! IMG_20170930_112027.jpgIMG_20170930_112045.jpgIMG_20170930_112108.jpgIMG_20170930_112122.jpg

Thank you nope it's not going anywhere. Don't think anyone would want it! Lol !
It's a sinktube body, mousepad grips some led holders one red led, and a peice of wood that I cut down on my father's table saw. I used clear cushion feet as my bubblestrip. Most of them fell off. Oh and parts from a flashlight for the inner detail.

That's cool! Really takes me back to that time and place, back before the prequels, when all we had were the VHS tapes, Star Wars Insider, and this new world wide web thing that you could surf. That sucka deserves a plaque!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Thank you! It's definitely getting a place of honor in my collection. It's what got me into propbuilding in the first place.

My big rule for hardware sabers is I don't like to see threads. If I see them, it seems obvious what it is. I see none here, so it's pretty decent, especially for when you made it. Honestly, it's a great base for a custom if you wanted to update the grips and d-ring

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back