Bandai 1/48 X-Wing non moving edition WIP

craig g

Sr Member
No this isn't a new kit I'm afraid but I want to get rid of the awful supplied stand and the IMHO gimmicky motorized wings.
I also want to add some extra cockpit lighting and remove the light up torpedo tubes.
I know that it would have been simpler to have purchased the Revell/FineMolds reboxing but the Bandai is sharper and more accurate.
First step is to open up the mecha unit and see what I'm dealing with.
exnqUbU.jpg

KUfTjXi.jpg

WPHkogy.jpg

You could leave the mecha unit as is.

Just plug it in, set it to the open position, turn it off, pop it off the stand and it is good to go

It is kind of integral to the build as far as having the wings attached

There is a covering for where it connects to the stand so you can put it on any other stand and you would never know

The other benefit of leaving the mecha unit is you can plug it in at any time to open or close the wings as needed

I'm using the case and wing mechanism minus the motor, circuits and reduction gears.I intend to use the engine Leds, replace the yellow console one with white and add some fibre optics.
Just want a static, lit model with no sound effects or motorized wings. Hopefully I should be able to open and close the wings with a mark 1 finger. Lol

I'm using the case and wing mechanism minus the motor, circuits and reduction gears.I intend to use the engine Leds, replace the yellow console one with white and add some fibre optics.
Just want a static, lit model with no sound effects or motorized wings. Hopefully I should be able to open and close the wings with a mark 1 finger. Lol

This is exactly what I'm interested in doing myself. I don't have the model yet, but was searching if anyone had managed to do away with that terribly cheap looking base.

I was considering just covering the base somehow, but very interested in what you come up with Craig.

Got a little more done.
Cockpit is complete with added Fibres and some extra conduits added.
I filed the raised details off and printed my own decals.
The base colours are applied, looks like a patchwork quilt at the moment but a mist of the base colour should hopefully even things out.
JJbJzcW.jpg

BqikCY9.jpg

HoG9Gqf.jpg

t631PDQ.jpg

WE5OGzG.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back