Darth Vader One Month Build (2018 Revision)

So I spent a few weeks trying to think of a way to one up my costume from last year. Thought about doing Batman but that would require a lot of training and I'd have to shave off the patch of beard and 'stache I've been cultivating for years. Vader is sort of the ultimate costume so I figured I'd improve on what I have already for this year. I picked up a 3D printer since I did Vader last year and I'll have another crack at doing Darth Vader in a little over a month.

Items to Change:

-Helmet: The helmet I made was pretty good for a month's work but it's not perfect. Paint has already chipped and it's showing signs of love, plus it was damn near impossible to see out of it. I was able to get the Black Series Vader helmet for a good price and I think it looks pretty good for a budget Vader.

-Cod Piece: It warped during the fiberglass process and the fabric has superglue dots all over, would like to replace

-3D Printed parts: I've come to really appreciate 3D printing in the last year or so. I made an Iron Man Arc Reactor in April for Infinity War and it turned out pretty good. I learned the wonders of filler primer which I didn't use when I painted the parts on the belt buckle or boxes for Vader.

-Shoulders, Shins: These are getting cracks and chipping too, I'm working on 3D printing these parts as well.

-Cape: Going to invest a little into getting a good fabric cape to use

-Gloves, Boots: The ones I have were cheap and worked great but I'd like to see if I can improve upon them a bit and see what else I can find.

0FCDF256-06AE-481E-8992-AD01877D1AE9.jpeg 97F6910E-DE26-4406-BB6E-019FBF824EE4.jpeg C8FDB97D-4C55-4022-B62E-9AE8A7FECC69.jpeg AE83C99F-F9D8-42C6-B512-7F99887A3D17.jpeg 3BE7ED19-88E1-47D1-96A4-09C0A38FF081.jpeg 3ABC62D5-0D1B-4A36-B8DB-1A685C0DABEB.jpeg 5394A8B8-2E74-424C-9A68-B40EBC3B5455.jpeg So I was able to get the suit improved quite a bit this year. I used the black series helmet, got a new cape, and picked up a better pair of gloves. I didn’t get the shins, boots, or cod replaced in time, but I did get a much better shoulder, chest box, and chest plate completed. 3D printing was definitely the way to go. Used hot glue to attach all the pieces and some drywall spackle to fill in the seams and cracks. Here’s some photos I took of the process and completed product:

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back