Flight of the Navigator (remake)

*****. These people never ****ing learn. They go for the most obvious, surface level crap and then just keep reproducing the window dressing without any thought for why people really like what they like.

Stranger Things is enjoyed not merely because it's retro, but because the story and acting are fascinating, it features a cast of incredibly talented kids who come across as very genuine and natural on screen (which is almost unheard of), and it's clearly a labor of love for the Duffer brothers.

It's not just "make it 80s and I'll go see it," you morons.

tumblr_lzylozsq701qcvclho1_500.gif

There are such things as good remakes.

I'm not saying remaking everything is getting tired, or that this one will be good-- just saying that the attitude of saying remake = childhood raped = bad movie is pretty negative.

I mean, sure, the odds are in favor of that, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Last Starfighter would be a fantastic remake if taken seriously and Hollywood kept the current flavors of the month away from it. Too bad the rights are f'in nightmare...

hollywood, please stop making remakes

next you tell me they are going to remake monthy python and the holy grail.

leave the classics alone and invent something new for fecks sake

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back