Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

As I said these were Canteens from GioStyle model Safari 600ml. It's an item used 9n the sandtroopers backpacks.
I cast them from an original one found on ebay

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Rosti utensils and mixing jug. These are the brand, style and era of utensils seen in the dinner scene at the Lars homestead. Luke uses an identical spatula flipper thing. some of the others can be seen in Beru's kitchen along with some not in this set. They still make near identical versions.

Attachments

• DSC00305.JPG
    DSC00305.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 404
  • DSC00307.JPG
    DSC00307.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 502
  • buru.jpg
    buru.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
I would say maybe Obi Wan's chest. I'm not sure if something that was a one off (if the chest was) qualifies. There's no way you could get one unless you had it reproduced.
It also showed up in Superman the Movie. It was discussed on RPF somewhere before but it can't hurt to add it here as well.
Superman Star Wars.jpg

Re Wavey's post about the blue milk jugs, I managed to acquire one a few years ago. On the base it has 'Hostess' and 'Australia 1566'. I'm guessing that these were made by different companies, just altering the mould for different manufacturers. This one is a bit knocked around, but definitely seems to be the same size and shape as the Stewart one.
IMG_0950.jpgIMG_0951.jpg

Re Wavey's post about the blue milk jugs,

Oooh yea, that's the one all righty! That's a very interesting find too. Hunting SW stuff is also a lesson in global business and marketing during the 40s to 70s, with things like the Tupperware beaker Luke drinks from originally being for the Canadian market before being sold elsewhere- or so I read somewhere. Then there's the RR Nene and Derwent engine history, a real face-palm moment in time there....

Tupperware began in the US and was manufactured in other countries. "Hostess" means the blue milk jug had been made under at least 3 names. Mine is marked "Sainsburry's" which is large UK supermarket chain.

The rare Imperial Code Cylinders worn by Chief Bast and General Tagge made out of real radiation dosimeters (right side in the pic below), but not the usual blue caps version used by all other Imperial officers like Tarkin, Veers or Ozzel:
Imperial_Code_Cylinder_General_Tagge.jpg

NEVER noticed the difference!

I thought I was OK on the prop b/c I found blue top 15 years ago.
Thanks for pointing that out.

BTW: what did you use for those plastic stands?

After watching ESB again last night I have one. Has anyone ever seen any pictures of the prop bomb/grenade that Luke throws into the AT-AT? I don't recall ever seeing anything other than when it's in his hand.

Posted for reference.

That's the only time I have seen it. The only thing I see him remove from the speeder is the grapling gun. I doing see anything on him as he is running up to the AT-AT.

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-3696.png

Last edited:
I tried digging or posting about it late last year. I was trying to ID the grappling gun with no luck. There are D-rings on the top, and I think he pulls one.. maybe off his belt?
hothgrapplinggun.jpg

Hothgrenade1.jpg
hothgrenade2.jpg

Also, on a side note, some of the control boxes are V8 engine kit clear boxes with cone knobs on them
hothcockpitswitches.jpg

I have a few different Photomultiplier Tubes, can I please ask what were these used for in the original props, thanks for any info...

Depending on the kind of tube it might have parts for a vader reveal and the ROTJ bunker detonators. It's the same part for both props, I have no idea if other parts of it are used.

The thing that kills me is that somewhere at Lucasfilm they most likely have pictures of ALL of this stuff. I don't know why they don't use it to make a real comprehensive prop book instead of what they've put out so far.

The thing that kills me is that somewhere at Lucasfilm they most likely have pictures of ALL of this stuff. I don't know why they don't use it to make a real comprehensive prop book instead of what they've put out so far.

That grenade looks Ike they needed something at the last minute. Obviously I can’t see much but it looks like they too some part that looks like a canister. The top of it looks uneven. Then it looks like they shoved something black into it and that looks lopsided as well.

I doubt a lot of this stuff was ever photographed or even thought about. Props and their consistency in the OT did not appear to be a priority.

After watching ESB again last night I have one. Has anyone ever seen any pictures of the prop bomb/grenade that Luke throws into the AT-AT? I don't recall ever seeing anything other than when it's in his hand.

Still can't help you much on the movie version of the grenade, but if you wanted to try your hand at a Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures version, then here you go:

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 2.44.52 PM.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back